eta unknown

Air Madagascar Update

Sat May 18, 2002 1:15 pm

Due to the disputed Presidential elections held late last year, Air Madagascar's operations have been severely affected. The political instability caused the 4 weekly Paris and 2 weekly Singapore services to be reduced to 2 and 1 flight, respectively. However, all longhaul services have now been suspended. Paris passengers are being re-booked on Air Lib to Reunion. Limited domestic and regional flights to Mauritius and Reunion continue.

The longhaul fleet now consists of one 767-300 which is not flying. The 747 Combi remains in storage in France, and the leased 767-200 has been returned. Rumours of acquiring an ex Lufthansa 747-200 Combi were unfounded.

Finally, due to the lack of foreign earnings, the carrier has been unable to pay some debts and has been temporarily suspended from the IATA clearing house.

AFa340-300E

RE: Air Madagascar Update

Sat May 18, 2002 4:41 pm

Hello ETA Unknown

Thanks for the update. But... what airplane do they use to CDG and SIN if they have all of their airplanes withdrawn from service??

We had some talks about NWA/Australia sometime ago and you had told me you'd contact me privatly. I'd still be interested in talking with you privatly please  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thanks,

Best regards,
Alain Mengus
ATB - MAS 747-400s