Setjet
Topic Author

Boeing Seattle And Everett Factory Tour?

Sun May 19, 2002 9:54 am

I will be and Seattle in a couple of weeks and of course I am planning to take the Everett Factory Tour.

Could somebody with some experience tell how to get there from Seattle without a car (possible?), I heard there might be a shuttle bus between the Seattle and Everett factories. True?

And, are they also offering tours of the 737 production line? Is there anything interesting in Seattle do see at the factory (Boeing Shop? Spotting?)?

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

IMissPiedmont

RE: Boeing Seattle And Everett Factory Tour?

Sun May 19, 2002 9:59 am

No tours of the 737/757 line sadly. I have no idea about transport to Everett without a car. You might want to try the Boeing website. If that fails see if Grayline has something.

At Boeing Field you must see the Museum of Flight. Spotters are not particularly welcome at BFI, nor are we actively discouraged. A bit of a conundrum but as long as you don't push the limits no one will get too worried.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Setjet
Topic Author

Sun May 19, 2002 10:25 am

Here we go again MissPiedmont!
Thanks for the info. You seem to know Seattle pretty good. Did you ever hear anything about "Helijet"? They offer scheduled helicopter flights between Seattle/Victoria and Vancouver/Airport. Did you ever fly with them? If yes, is it worth the 100$ to see Seattle and Vancouver from above?

squad55

Sun May 19, 2002 11:10 am

Hey;

Helijet flies from Vancouver Harbour or Victoria to BFI about twice a day. Getting from Seattle to Paine Field would be really difficult. The Boeing Tour building is on the north side of the field and the line is on the south. So it's pretty hard without a car. You might want to consider renting one for the day.

Sq55
CYVR

Setjet
Topic Author

Sun May 19, 2002 11:13 am

Squad55:
Paine Field = Boeing Field, right?
How far is it from downtown Seattle?
Well, when you tell me it's that hard then I really might rent a car at the airport when I arrive. Can you tell me anything about the flight to Victoria? Nice scenery?

justplanesmart

Sun May 19, 2002 11:36 am

Setjet:
Paine Field / Snohomish County Airport is in Snohomish County, about 25 miles north of Seattle. It is where the Boeing twin-aisle (747/767/777) assembly plant and tour are located. It is off of SR-526 just east of where it joins SR-525 in the town of Mukilteo. Boeing Field / King County International Airport is on the southern edge of Seattle. It is the home of Boeing's flight test center and delivery center for the single-aisle jetliners (737/757), as well as the Museum of Flight. I have travelled to Paine Field from Seattle via Metro Transit (in King County) and Community Transit (in Snohomish County), but it involves changing busses several times. I do not know is Sound Transit, a multi-county system, has any express busses that serve the airport, so renting a car might be the best option.
"So many planes; so little time..."

Setjet
Topic Author

Sun May 19, 2002 11:46 am

Thanks all for your suggestions!
I guess I mixed up Seattle and Everett.

kdonohue

Sun May 19, 2002 12:34 pm

I haven't flown Helijet, but I know the scenery between Seattle and Victoria and Vancouver is great. I've flown on floats between Vancouver and Victoria. Both Victoria and Vancouver are great cities in their own right. Very different feel to them, but very scenic.

If I had a chance to Helijet between these three cities, I'd jump at the opportunity.

Ken
Vancouver

Sun May 19, 2002 1:13 pm

Gray Line of Seattle provides tours to the Boeing Factory from downtown Seattle.

http://graylineseattle.com/tour_detail.cfm?id=137

The good thing about taking the Gray Line Tour is that you do not have to wait in line at Boeing. If you go on your own, the line can be very long especially on weekends.

Setjet
Topic Author

Sun May 19, 2002 1:17 pm

Thanks Flygga, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Sun May 19, 2002 2:36 pm

I have never watied on line.