IndianicWorld
Topic Author

Future Long Range Routes?

Mon May 20, 2002 3:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on any future long range routes that will be considered in the future,that are not operated now?

When I look through the maps of carriers, i can see some airlines that would like to add services non-stop but cant at the moment due to current aircraft available. When Emirates gets its new Airbus A340 , its been stated that they will serve Australia ( SYD / MEL ) non-stop, thus eliminating a SIN stop. This will increase their competitiveness on the routes between Australia and Europe/ Middle East.

But Im also thinking of Qantas that also has stops in SIN/BKK. Is it really that economical to operate Australia-Europe non-stop if an aircraft comes along that can do it anyway? Asia is a major market to for these flights and without this traffic it will be loosing out on travellers. Asian travellers certainly aren't going to fly to MEL/SYD and backtrack to Asia.

Any other routes that people see as Viable, or just routes that people would like to see operated?

ciao

Arsenal@LHR

RE: Future Long Range Routes?

Tue May 21, 2002 1:23 am

Kaddyuk's correct. Who would want to be in a plane for 20+ hours as much as we like planes? Much prefer a stopover somewhere in Asia.

In Arsene we trust!!

Andie007

Tue May 21, 2002 4:47 am

Europe - Hawaii
Dubai - United States

Ciro

Tue May 21, 2002 5:08 am

I think the very-long-haul routes will be extinguished as alliances consolidate. Airlines will specialize themselves in particular markets and hubs, letting the partners do the secondary segments. Routes overflying hubs will soon become rare.

Ciro
The fastest way to become a millionaire in the airline business is to start as a billionaire.