rkfast

Mineta Should Be Arrested

Wed May 22, 2002 3:26 am

Mineta testified that he is “completely satisfied and comfortable” with the current state of air security and urged Congress to provide the full $4.4 billion that President Bush has proposed to ensure that air travelers are safe.
-------------------------------

He's kidding, right??????

N79969

RE: Mineta Should Be Arrested

Wed May 22, 2002 3:30 am

Think about it...he has no latitude to say anything else. This does not mean he is kicking back in his office thinking all problems have been solved.

It would not be appropriate for him to say anything that would undermine public confidence.

rkfast

Wed May 22, 2002 4:13 am

I understand. I just hope that when he IS sitting in his office, he's doing the right thing.

searpqx

Wed May 22, 2002 4:20 am

Actually, he does have the latitude, and the duty, as a public employee to say something else, the truth! He could have said something much more realistic, like, "While much has been accomplished in increasing air security, there is still much to be done". I don't think anyone would have felt that such a statement was undermining confidence in the system, and it wouldn't have sounded nearly as self serving.

Just my two cents worth, but I would have a lot more faith in what was said if it even approximated the truth.

Duane
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

N79969

Wed May 22, 2002 4:25 am

It's implied...everyone knows that the DOT is focused on security. I don't he is misrepresenting anything by his statements.

scottysair

Wed May 22, 2002 6:07 am

This is enough on the Norman Y. Mineta at the DOT as for the security and this is enough as for about deadlines on the all of US Airports and this is some only as for US airport, period! And he will be get a fired on the job from the office. The security not want to do anything more about screeners and that is don't do it with federal takeover as for deadlines at the US airports. Just say NO!! The airports doesn't want to talk with Secertey Mineta of DOT anymore and it should let they leave him alone. Don't listened to him. Just please igrone of him. OK? Please stay away as for Norman Y. Mineta. Got it? Good day!!

MD88Captain

Wed May 22, 2002 9:23 am

Didn't get it Scotty. But as for Norman, he's in politics and he's never going to admit that the DOT is screwed up. It reflects badly on him and his boss.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos