Midwest Express Baggage

Fri May 24, 2002 1:40 pm

For anyone that has flown Midwest lately, do they still use the old style of tagging bags with the paper slips or have they changed to the better electronic bag tagging that most airlines use? Thanks!

RE: Midwest Express Baggage

Fri May 24, 2002 8:05 pm

They are using the electronic bag tagging system at Midwest Express and it seems a lot better than the old paper tag system. I have heard people like the new electronic tagging system better but others like the other way better. Just will take awhile to get used too.

Fri May 24, 2002 9:52 pm

Yeah as MidEx717 said, YX is now using the electronic bag tags. Here in Dayton though, they still have the old color coded bag tags.

Chris  Smile  Smile
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Sat May 25, 2002 7:03 am

Thank god! I hated those paper bag tags, they seemed too old fashioned. I assume the reason why they use electronic now is because they need to do bag matching with the passengers (if the passenger is not on, the bags don't go..). Does YX still rip the tickets at the gate or do they have electornic boarding pass scanners at the gate (like most airlines)?

Sat May 25, 2002 7:37 am

The new bag tag printers are only in Milwaukee, Hartford, and Boston so far.

They also still rip the boarding passes.

Sat May 25, 2002 8:09 am

Early in April, I flew LAX-MKE one day and MKE-DCA the next. On the LAX-MKE segment, they used yellow tags attached with an elastic string with the letters MKE on them. On the MKE-DCA segment the next day, they used the bar-coded white ones that wrap around the handle and stick together.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:48 am

Bag matching has nothing to do with the new tags, they match with the old ones just as easily. Full system roll out will be soon. Don't expect to ever see the gate scanners. That is not good enough customer service for them.