I put my money on Bombardier for several reasons:
1) The CRJ700/900 were competitive products but are running out of time with the EMB170 being out on the market. The 728/928 would give Bombardier the edge in this segment.
2) The CRJ700 has lost against the 728 at Lufthansa City Line, the largest pure regional carrier. Getting the 728 would mean that Bombardier re-gains this customer.
3) Bombardier gets the most advanced assembly/production plant in the world with the Oberpfaffenhoffen line which has plenty of space left.
4) They get another 1,000+ engineers plus a foot-hold in the German market, with the up-coming replacement of the Breguet Atlantic Marine Patroller and the CL601 Challengers down the road in the next 5 till 10 years a really interesting market.
5) The 728/928 are essentially Bombardier´s BRJX-90/110s which have been put on ice mainly due to the anticipated strenght of the 728/928.
6) The 928 has left a good potential for a further strech in the 110/125-seat range, the 728 can be shortened to the 528, giving flexibility from 55 till up to 125 seats with four planes.
Boeing could be an option but I doubt it. They would have big problems explaining their workers in LGB why they are loosing their jobs and 3,000+ staff in Germany are kept.
I had heard something about an announcement today but I suppose that you will always have a delay in it because one last-minute issue pops up etc.