Delta15
Topic Author

Air France To Bangkok, DL Codeshare?

Fri May 24, 2002 10:46 pm

Hey, recently I've been considering taking a trip to Bangkok. My moms a Delta employee, and were allowed to fly on Air France codeshare flights. According to Deltas time table, on the route map, we codeshare with someone to Bangkok, presumably Air France, yet there is no mention of the flight in the rest of the time table. I was wondering who we are code-sharing with to Bangkok, and what the flight number is, and if it is expected to continue throughout the summer. Thanks a lot!

RE: Air France To Bangkok, DL Codeshare?

Fri May 24, 2002 11:42 pm

Delta currently code-shares with Air France on CDG-BKK-HAN and CDG-BKK-SGN.

Delta's timetable didn't list Bangkok as a destination. I think it's just the stop over at Bangkok before heading to Hanoi and Ho Chi Ming City. So I guess no CDG-BKK yet.

bkkair

Sat May 25, 2002 1:20 am

Try the CI/DL codeshare which started 1 Jun ( through TPE)

jrlander

Sat May 25, 2002 3:37 am

First of all, the CI/DL codeshare does not, at the moment, offer any connecting service through TPE. Second of all, Delta Non-Revenue flying is not yet permitted on this route.

As for the AF flight, I do not think that Delta has the rights to sell tickets to or from Bangkok, which means we cannot non-rev to Bangkok, only on to Vietnam. It is similar to the old Delta codeshare to Abu Dhabi, UAE, which stopped in Riyadh in one direction. Riyadh showed up on the map, but it was not possible to get off the plane there, even iff you had a KSA visa.

jessman

Sat May 25, 2002 3:51 am

Call the pass bureau. Jiml1126 and Jrlander are correct about the codeshare; But Non-revenue may be different.