Jetblue Tickets & Name Changes

Mon May 27, 2002 11:59 am

Hi, I think I know the answer to this (i.e. "No"!), but could anyone please explain to me whether it is possible to "sell" a Jetblue ticket I bought under 1 year ago; it was a round-trip flight to New Orleans, and unfortunately since I do not live in America, and cannot use the ticket before its expiry (June 15th), I can't use it myself..  Sad

Is there anything I can do, or is it just a case of "bad luck"?

And what is meant by the term "Non-transferable"?

Many thanks.

PANYNJ

RE: Jetblue Tickets & Name Changes

Mon May 27, 2002 12:21 pm

"non-transferable" generally means that you can not "transfer" the ticket to anyone else.

Adam84

Mon May 27, 2002 12:35 pm

You could ask them if they could send you a voucher. At British Airways we did that, we told people to keep their tickets (which would be good for 1 year) and usually if they did not want to use them we would have them send them in for a travel voucher good for an extra year.

Its worth a shot, but no one else is going to be able to use your ticket or voucher.

trickijedi

Mon May 27, 2002 2:14 pm

Call JetBlue and see if they can give you credit for the unused ticket or see if they can apply the unused amount to a future flight.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

VirginFlyer

Mon May 27, 2002 4:13 pm

Just out of interest, why did you buy a ticket you can't use?

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Mon May 27, 2002 4:54 pm

I bought the ticket last March (2001) for use in June of that year, whilst I was touring America on holiday; unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, I was unable to make the trip so I cancelled the flight by phoning Jetblue; they told me that the ticket would remain valid for 1 year.

As I am nowhere near JFK this June, I thought I might be able to secure a "name-change", and thus sell the ticket to anyone who wanted to fly to New Orleans with JB this June.

It appears Jetblue does not allow name-changes (some airlines in the UK do)...the terms are confusing me. It would appear that "non-transferable" means no name-changes, but some airlines make a distinction between "non-transferable" and "no name changes".

I think I am probably right in thinking there's nowt I can do about it!

Cheers for the info anyway!