chiawei

Additional Updates To CI611- Crash Info

Tue May 28, 2002 6:54 pm

According to Etoday.

It is reported that the CI611 was traveling 226 heading at 460 knot at around 34,900 feet according to the military radar.

All of the suden, the aircraft surged to 37,000 feet within 4 sec, and begin to spin and disintergrate with pieces being thrown off in different direction. It actually was not moving forward to a while and was obsevered rotating six time (how do they obsever this on a radar beats me).

But this has led me to believe that this plane crashed in almost same fashion as TWA800. As i recall in TWA case, after the nose fall off, the rest of the plane pitched up and climb in height rapidly before stalling and falling rapidly. This would explain why parts were sent flying to different direction. The difference is that CI611 did not show sign of explosion, but TWA800 did.

Or could this be a cargo door failure and some how lead to nose fell off first and plane pitched up violently??

This crash is getting stranger by the minute.

RE: Additional Updates To CI611- Crash Info

Tue May 28, 2002 6:58 pm

What a horror, I can't read these details, it's unbelievable, poor poor people!

chiawei

Tue May 28, 2002 7:14 pm

More information. A lot of bodies recovered showed sign of a lot internal injuries consistent with fall from high place or could be a sign of violence of the spin.

If the plane did spin violently, this could explain that some blood stain were found on the head rest cover. The majority of the pax probably died very quickly as the plane disintergrated, the resulting aerodynamic movement by the plane probably killed them instaneously, and some could been killed due to pressure difference.

This is very sad, but i am hoping at least they did not suffer the pain that TWA800 pax went through.

Mr.BA

Tue May 28, 2002 7:31 pm

I feel sorry for everyone onboard. Looks like severe airframe failure?
Boeing747 万岁!

Ryanair!!!

Tue May 28, 2002 7:59 pm

This still does not explain why did one part of the plane was propelled in the opposite direction at over 400kts! An explosive decompression can be as destructive an explosion but without the effects of burns. Hence, the decompression was probably powerful enough to throw one part in another direction while throwing the rest of the plane into disarray... disintegrating while spinning... probably still in a forward direction leading to debris falling out of the sky as the plane continued on its path, ableit in a spinning fashion.

In this case, most of the pax would have died because of the pressure difference. Its a wonder how they have not found any pax dead on the ground because at 30000ft, the a/c would have been cruising and seatbelts would have been unfastened. Thus, what happened to those that were ejected from the a/c? If any, I wonder what happened to them and where did they end up?

I was thinking if the plane did indeed gain so much height in just a few seconds, it is likely that it fell apart like the TWA 747. Probably the cargo door failed causing the explosive decompression so powerful, the nose fell off, thus the rapid height gain. But what about that part in the opposite direction at 400kts? Mysterious...

I shudder when thinking about how the scene in the cabin was like as the a/c was torn apart in mid-air.
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

backfire

Tue May 28, 2002 8:01 pm

Something which no-one seems to have picked up on yet is that the radar trace shows one part of the aircraft apparently maintaining 32,000ft for at least three or four minutes after the initial event.

Ryanair!!!

Tue May 28, 2002 9:38 pm

Wow... was this reported officially? How can anything remain airborne at the same height for even a minute without the rest of the aircraft?

Unless the radar track (the blip) and readout of 32000ft was a "runaway" track of the previous radar return, sometimes it happens when the object they are tracing disappears and the computers in the radar "holds on" to the blip for a while before letting it go.
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

Tue May 28, 2002 11:46 pm

There's now a new theory saying that the 742 actually breaks into 3 large pieces. The "4th" piece does not belongs to the plane, because 3 of the large piece collapsed in Southwestward direction, while the "4th" piece flies northeastward.

Either the 4th piece is a meteorite or a missile.

na

Wed May 29, 2002 12:12 am

I thought also from the time it was clear that the fourth part was moving fast in the opposite direction that a kind of collision with a very fast, yet small object is a possible cause of this tragic event. Whatever that might have been.
Maybe its indeed the first accident caused by a meteorite?

VirginFlyer

Wed May 29, 2002 1:58 am

To all those using the fourth piece moving in the opposite direction to the other three as proof of a missile/meteorite/alien/goodness knows whatever else it could conceivably be proof of, don't forget it could just as easily be a part of the aircraft ejected by the explosion. Just because the aircraft is travelling in one direction when it explodes does not preclude pieces being projected backwards from the aircraft at velocities such that they move in the opposite direction to the original motion. The Law of Conservation of Momentum explains this well (momentum = mass x velocity, and momentum of the system before the explosion is equal to the momentum after the explosion). Provided the 4th piece was small in mass in comparison to the rest of the aircraft (in three pieces), it could quite easily be ejected backwards at some velocity. Do the calculations yourself and sub in some numbers - I assure you it will work.

I don't think we should jump to conclusions about missiles or meteorites until we have more information i.e. Recordings and wreckage...

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

houstondallas

Wed May 29, 2002 2:06 am

How about a possible collision with another aircraft. Chinese military secret stuff possibly. That may explain why something was still flying for 4 mintues after the initial incident.

houston

planespotterx

Wed May 29, 2002 2:14 am

i personally believe it was a fuel tank rupture which disintegrated the aircraft, such a rupture would have blown the panelling away (like the pan am bombing over lockerbie) the plane veered violently upwards, shearing it down the centreline (its weak point) due to the enormous G-Forces, and then as it stalled the front of the aircraft would have also split apart, the decompressurization, and G-forces would have meant everyone would have been killed (nearly everyone perhaps) before the plane hit the water.
also perhaps the piece that carried on was perhaps an engine?, or lots of small parts of the plane floating down together, who knows, we may find out soon.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

backfire

Wed May 29, 2002 6:20 am

Ockham's Razor: Start by analysing the simplest explanation. It's the easiest to assess and the easiest to discard.