Topic Author

hey L1011

Mon Dec 14, 1998 5:17 am

Interesting comments on your DC-8 flight. by the way what was your favorite airline to fly back then. Mine was (and still is ) National. I loved flying on their 747s!

RE: hey L1011

Mon Dec 14, 1998 6:16 am

I liked Eastern the best back in those days. I especially liked the Air-Shuttle, where I was able to fly on an Electra even after all other Electra services had been discontinued. On the Shuttle, all first sections were DC-9-31s, while Electras operated the backup sections. I usually waited until it looked like the first section was full to check in, hoping to get on a second section. One time at LGA, since you couldn't see outside, I asked the lady at the boarding gate if this flight would be an Electra. She just said, "All I know is it has two wings and flies." Once in Boston, when I asked the same question, the agent said, "You really want an Electra?" I told him yes. Then he proceeded to holler to someone I couldn't see, "Hey Mack! Bring out an Electra for this man!" Then he told me to go to gate such and such and there was an Electra waiting to be boarded.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B