I have several questions concerning scheduled freight operations by FedEx, UPS, Emery, etc:
1. What is the turnaround time for a 747F or MD-11, meaning, how long does it take to unload and load a large widebody freight aircraft?
2. What is the ground crew like for large widebody freight aircraft, more or less people than an airliner turnaround.
3. How many hours of the day do freight aircraft operate? Only at night? Two shifts?
4. I know the MD-10 and MD-11 conversions are to begin installing a hard wall between the cockpit area and the cargo area, but what other amenities are offered to the pilots, i.e. gallies, sleeping quarters for long flights with two shifts of pilots.
5. What routes does FedEx operate its MD-11s? Are they used only for long haul or also for high density domestic routes?