SInGAPORE_AIR

Guardian Travel Awards: Go Best Low Cost Airline

Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:30 pm

The Guardian of the United Kingdom has announced the results of its annual travel survey.

God knows how they added the scores up.

Best Low Cost Airline - Total score of 5 291 8691

1) Go - 1 248 88.12
2) EZY - 1 704 87.98
3) Ryanair - 1 449 87.79

Best Leisure Airlines - Total score of 12 657 68.65
1) Singapore Airlines - 182 86.16
2) Emirates - 139 85.14
3) Thai International - 90 82.10

"Here, we publish the results - who our readers think are the best in the travel business. More than 15,500 people answered our questionnaire published in January. Readers were invited to rate the quality of service they received, under the headings you see on the right, by ticking one of four boxes - marked excellent, good, fair or poor. We scored these results from three to nought and then divided the total score by the number of coupons. This figure was then translated into a percentage; this system allowed us to compare small companies, assessed on fewer coupons, with bigger rivals."

Uhh yeah. Anyway, more info at the Guardian Unlimited website
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

RE: Guardian Travel Awards: Go Best Low Cost Airline

Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:55 pm

Thanks, I actually read this the other day.

The results seem pretty much what I expected; Go don't offer the absolute lowest prices, but they are flexible, fly to main airports, offer seat allocation at check-in, air miles, bookable through travel agents...etc.

Easyjet also offer flexibility, main airports and more frequently, lower fares.

Ryanair tend to be inflexible, use secondary airports and pricing policy can vary enormously, although they usually offer the greatest number of absolutely-cheap seats.

buzz is no-where to be seen, although I don't think they are that bad really-again, cheap-ish flights, main airports and seat allocation. They also flew to some really nice cities (Milan, Vienna and Helsinki)....

Cheers

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Guardian Travel Awards: Go Best Low Cost Airline

Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:23 am

But do you agree. The way they've set out the results leave a lot to be desired... although I'm not too bothered about the best leisure airlines result  Big thumbs up
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.