keesje

KLM Continental Discuss Broader Pact

Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:19 am

Continental could become part of a three-way Atlantic venture with partner Northwest Airlines.
http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/020603/200206030655000194_1.html
That would be great IMO.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Josef P. Willems

The Efficiency of NWA,
the Inflight Service of Continental and
the .... of KLM.

The ...... ?

What do you think ?

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

roguetrader

RE: KLM Continental Discuss Broader Pact

Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:35 am

I've often wondered why NW/KL haven't tried to expand more aggressively their partnership with CO. If you look at their strengths and weaknesses in terms of routes, they seem to compliment each other well. NW & CO have said off and on that they would like to form a fourth major N. American route system, but have stopped short of truly providing that ability, I think, by not enhancing their partnership further.

I think building this partnership would be great for all involved. I don't know whats holding them back.

BTW: I wouldn't say CO's inflight service is particularly great, not any better than KL for instance. Their biggest strength is their Bethune lead management team that took them from 'worst to first'.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

Emile

RE: KLM Continental Discuss Broader Pact

Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:08 am

BA will be looking over his shoulder.KLM,NW oke BA wasn,t pleased with NW,But now continental as well,,,,,,,KLM is getting what BA DON,T HAVE