Topic Author

Looking For Good Price Washington-Paris

Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:39 pm

Hi everyone. I know these sorts of topics can be a bit annoying, but I want to ask if anyone knows of cheap flights available Washington to Paris return. This is for a friend of mine, who wants to travel on July 21, and return on August 11 this year. He has been quoted US$718.00 before tax for this return flight - does anyone out there know of any better fares than this? In know it is a long shot, but if there are, I'd love to hear about them.

"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

RE: Looking For Good Price Washington-Paris

Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:45 pm

You're right, it gets a little annoying.
I'd vote for a "travel advice" forum, where people can get their fare quotes researched for free from other forum members. Could become quite a success, because they wouldn't have to do all the nasty work (e.g. visit the travel agent, try internet travel sites) by themselves.

Big grin

Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
eta unknown

Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:53 am

Cheapest flights will be on Icelandair from Baltimore... and yes, there are fares lower than what is quoted above, subject to availability.
However, these requests are extremely annoying, so if your friend can't be bothered searching for a cheap deal, why should you or anyone else for that matter?!?

Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:46 am

Icelandair is currently returning over $1100 for those dates - with a change of planes in Iceland. It is by far more expensive than many other options, almost all of which are nonstop. Honestly, I'd say that $718 is about as good as you're going to get to Europe, given that summer is the high travel season there. Obviously, it's a good idea to check the major travel websites (ie, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) regularly, though.

As for you guys complaining about threads like these being "annoying', don't read it if you don't like it. There are some of us out here who don't mind helping out a fellow aviation fan. Further, there are many aviation professionals in this forum who deal with travel pricing that may be able to help out in finding a good deal. If you don't want to read posts on that subject, you have every right to stay away. Just don't complain.

Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:38 pm

$ 718 for DC-Paris in the peak travel month of the summer is a VERY VERY good fare. Unless your friend wants to swim across the Atlantic, I suggest he/she take this fare and be thankful for it !
Atheism is Myth Understood.