thai747

Asiana Or Korean Air?

Thu Sep 23, 1999 8:19 pm

Hello ,

I had a chance of flying Asiana's 767 to Singapore last summer but I didn't choose it because of the more attractive CX's fare , but I'd like to know more about Asiana , how's their service? entertainment system? do they have PTVs for BC and FC? how's their food? and how's their aircraft interior and maintainance? are they better than Korean Air? I know that Asiana's far safer than Korean Air

MJC777

RE: Asiana Or Korean Air?

Thu Sep 23, 1999 8:36 pm

I just spent a year in the military over in Korea, and I can assure you, that Asiana is not safer than Korean Air. As a matter of fact, neither airline has the best safety record, its just the KAL has been in the news most recently. If I am gonna fly, I would avoid both Korean airlines, after seeing first hand how the safety standards are in Korea.

kaitak

Thu Sep 23, 1999 9:30 pm

I can't speak for Asiana, but having read Delta's report on Korean Air's operations and flight standards, I'd be loathe to fly with them. However, if you can still get a cheap fare with CX, you will be flying one of the safest - and best airlines - in the world. And they have a very good passenger entertainment system.

CV880

Thu Sep 23, 1999 11:38 pm

I can only go by second-hand info related to me several years ago, but a colleague of mine who flew both airlines at about the same time said he felt that Asiana's employees had a better attitude. Has that changed? I don't know.

As for safety, while Korean has been in the news with fatalities, remember that Asiana plowed a 747-400 wing through the tail of an IL-62. The pilot couldn't figure out why his plane would not move -- so he applied takeoff thrust ON A TAXIWAY. Makes you wonder about judgment and training.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos