LV

Good Article About Spotting

Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:56 am

This is a link to an article in the Riverfront Times in St. Louis about spotting at Lambert. Even though they say a 737 is a Jumbo Jet its still one of the few positive articles I have seen about spotting since September.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issues/2002-06-05/news.html/1/index.html

By the way, its kind of funny, I started my new job two weeks ago, the company I work for now won't pay for me to park downtown near our offices but was willing to get me a Metrolink pass (its the light rail commuter trains for those of you not familiar with St. Louis) and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I can spot the late morning push into STL if I get on at the North Hanley or UMSL North stops (for those of you who are familiar with St. Louis, you know where those are). It also puts me in a good mode getting ready to go to work of a morning and lifts me up watching them when I get off the train of an evening going home.

CcrlR

RE: Good Article About Spotting

Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:59 am

let's make this clickable. Next time you should put these <> between the link, that way it woluld be clickable instead of cut and paste

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issues/2002-06-05/news.html/1/index.html
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

LV

Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:16 am

thanks for telling me how to make it clickable from now on

Bruce

Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:26 pm

Last year when I was there I saw that lot but didn't think that was the main spotting area. I went on that Perimeter road down near the fence.

Is anyone on here from St. Louis? do you know where I am talking about? Going north on Lindbergh you turn right, ( I think Banshee Rd.?) then a quick left and that road goes around the end of the runway. Are they going to close THAT road too?

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

LV

Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:41 am

I'm not real sure Bruce, I just moved to St. Louis two and a half weeks ago so I haven't had a chance to do any spotting at the airport yet.

I thought I would get some more thoughts on the article then this, oh well  Sad