dfleet7

Continental Regional Jets

Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:55 am

I am planning on flying on both Continental Regional Jetsin the near future ISP-CLE and CLE-IAD. The first leg is on the RJ-135 and the second in on the RJ-145. Can anyone tell me what these planes are like? (i have never flown on them) Also, what are the best seats (right now on one of the flights i am in 1A).
Drew

Boeing757/767

RE: Continental Regional Jets

Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:57 am

I prefer the CRJ, but I do like the ERJ window height better.

Do a search of this forum and you'll see plenty of feedback.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:07 am

ERJs have a higher ceiling IMO, and for someone who is 6'5", it is good. It is very cramped for me. 1A is the best seat!

brons2

Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:20 am

The ERJ is a little cramped for headroom but it's very quiet on takeoff and in flight. You never really notice the fact that you're in such a small plane, well, at least I didn't. The seats are comortable as well.

I flew MEM-IAH on a Continental ERJ-135, btw, about a 2 hr flight.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

redngold

Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:23 am

Let me know how you like Cleveland. Sounds like you're going to stay on Concourse D during your visit to our humble airport, but if you have a longer layover, you should take the walk in to Concourse C.

redngold
Up, up and away!

boyshane

Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:30 am

There is a lot of talk about the RJ on flyertalk.com in the Continental forum. A lot of people dislike the RJs but I myself don't mind it to much for short trips.

Try to get seat 1A or an exit row. The plane is has very limited space inside so if you have a large carry-on, expect to gate check it. One thing that bothered me was the curvature of the aircraft affects your legroom if you have a window seat.

CLE is a nice clean airport. Ive had to catch a flight on terminal d from terminal c and had to run down the underground tunnel which is kind of long and you have a hike up the stairs too

Shane