Continental Domestic First

Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:51 pm

Do you like CO's domestic first class on their narrow-bodies? I love it! It is not too flashy or anything. It is just nice, wide, and comfortable leather. It certaintly makes a trip comfortable. Do you enjoy it?

Flight Level
500th Post

iah_ewr

RE: Continental Domestic First

Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:59 pm

As a CO silver elite, I have received upgrades on both CO and NW, and I must say, flying First really makes a big difference, particularly on CO. I have found CO to provide consistently good service up front, from the quality of the food to the friendly and attentive FAs. I usually fly IAH-EWR and back and try to book 777s and 767s with the BF seats. It really makes flying a much more pleasant experience. NW is also a fairly good product and I'll often fly them due to lower fares and easier upgrades, but their F product is slighty inferior to that of CO.

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:00 pm

Yeah, I hate NW First Class on their DC-9s. The product is terrible. Thin, flimsy, and bad seats made out of bad material.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:01 pm

Congrats on your 500th !!!

I haven't flown CO F/C domestically for sometime so I can't comment specifically but I must say that I love the regal and sumptuous look of leather in F/C. NW's F/C and WBC seats are cloth and to me, although comfortable, do not convey as plush an atmosphere as leather (or at least a leather trimmed seat). I look forward to trying CO's F/C soon.

Cheers

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:04 pm

DL Widget Head, thanks. DL has a fine product as well. I am coming to ATL in July. Do you know how many MD-11s are in old colours? Is the 757 engine swap still going on?

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:11 pm

I believe there are still 4 MD11's in the old (widget style) livery and the 757 engine change fiasco that DL experienced a while back is now not as big an operational issue. Months ago we had several 757 gliders parked on the ramp without engines and that was a sad sight indeed.

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:12 pm

Yeah, I remember taxiing past those gliders numerous times, thats why I asked.