Continental Domestic First

Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:51 pm

Do you like CO's domestic first class on their narrow-bodies? I love it! It is not too flashy or anything. It is just nice, wide, and comfortable leather. It certaintly makes a trip comfortable. Do you enjoy it?

Flight Level
500th Post

iah_ewr

RE: Continental Domestic First

Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:59 pm

As a CO silver elite, I have received upgrades on both CO and NW, and I must say, flying First really makes a big difference, particularly on CO. I have found CO to provide consistently good service up front, from the quality of the food to the friendly and attentive FAs. I usually fly IAH-EWR and back and try to book 777s and 767s with the BF seats. It really makes flying a much more pleasant experience. NW is also a fairly good product and I'll often fly them due to lower fares and easier upgrades, but their F product is slighty inferior to that of CO.

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:00 pm

Yeah, I hate NW First Class on their DC-9s. The product is terrible. Thin, flimsy, and bad seats made out of bad material.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:01 pm

Congrats on your 500th !!!

I haven't flown CO F/C domestically for sometime so I can't comment specifically but I must say that I love the regal and sumptuous look of leather in F/C. NW's F/C and WBC seats are cloth and to me, although comfortable, do not convey as plush an atmosphere as leather (or at least a leather trimmed seat). I look forward to trying CO's F/C soon.

Cheers

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:04 pm

DL Widget Head, thanks. DL has a fine product as well. I am coming to ATL in July. Do you know how many MD-11s are in old colours? Is the 757 engine swap still going on?

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:11 pm

I believe there are still 4 MD11's in the old (widget style) livery and the 757 engine change fiasco that DL experienced a while back is now not as big an operational issue. Months ago we had several 757 gliders parked on the ramp without engines and that was a sad sight indeed.

Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:12 pm

Yeah, I remember taxiing past those gliders numerous times, thats why I asked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos