BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

What Does Delta Serve In-flight

Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:08 am

Does Delta still serve SKYDELI... The lunch in a bag. I hear they have fully downgraded to FastBreak service on flights under 2 hours.
Puhdiddle

DeltaSFO

RE: What Does Delta Serve In-flight

Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:55 am

I hear they have fully downgraded to FastBreak service on flights under 2 hours.

You heard wrong.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

delta-flyer

Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:01 am

I think SkyDeli is dead. Most flights that used to serve SkyDeli now get nothing.
Fastbreak is on 1-hour flights, full beverage on longer flights. Snacks generally served at mealtime on flights over 3 hours or so, meanls generally over 4 hours.

There is some variation to meet competition. Delta will typically match what competitors on the same route offer.

The above is for coach. In first, there is a little more food, but not much.

Pete
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

Jonathan L

Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:27 pm

I flew Delta (coach) back in March from Portland, ME to Tampa, FL with a stop in Atlanta. On all flights I received beverage service and I either got a bag of snack mix or a couple of little tiny 'cookies.' I can't remember the name of the cookies, but they were quite tasty.

captaink

Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:49 pm

That is why american airlines would get a good edge.. on airlines in the caribbean. They still serve full meals on flights over two hours.. NOt that i am complaining.. but it must do a number on their budget...
There is something special about planes....

flashmeister

Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:02 pm

I haven't gotten SkyDeli on DL since 9/11. It's a shame: I rather enjoyed SkyDeli food... it wasn't bad, and you got to eat it on the ground while it still tasted decent.

BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:04 am

Thanks everybody...This information will serve me well in the future

I guess Fast Break isn't that bad... Did Reeses copy that name from Delta, or did Delta copy that name from Reeses... Either way, I'm glad that Delta is watching their budget... Smart Airline...Smart... I am pretty sure that when the cash picks up, SkyDeli will come back. But right now they have more important things on their mind than serving a bag lunch, when you can usually get something to eat in the airport. If you are going to complain about what you get, GET SOMETHING IN THE AIRPORT!!!! There is a reason that there are vending machines in the airport.
Puhdiddle

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:48 am

Jonathan L: The cookies were probably biscoffs(http://www.biscoff.com).

FYI: I believe the "meals" AA has on flights over 2 hours are the Bistro Bags, with trans-cons and 3-4+ flights to the Caribbean receiving hot meals on trays.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos