teahan

Feeling Any Deja-vous? (Swiss Airlines Ltd)

Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:21 am

Hello,

The Swiss-French press seems to have come down on Swiss pretty hard these days. There is an article in Dimanche.ch with an interesting perspective on all the issues Swiss is facing.

Since it is in French, not much point in me posting the link. Can't post the translation either due copyright issues (I presume), so here here is the link to my translation:

http://flightsimmers.net/airport/kerry/Swiss.html

How do you all feel about this? Things as serious as the Swiss-French press are painting?

Jeremiah

Swiss/Swissair/Crossair Group
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

MD-11 forever

RE: Feeling Any Deja-vous? (Swiss Airlines Ltd)

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:03 am

I don't think so. I think it's just another example showing the habit that Swiss people like to make new things worse than they are in fact. In this article, to a certain extent, it also shows the anger that the people from the French speaking part still have against the decision taken by Swissair long time ago, to stop the long haul operation out of Geneva (except the JFK flight). But honestly, I still think the decision was right, since there was no significant increase in intercontinental connections to Geneva after SR pulled out..... Of course there are still some troubles to resolve at Swiss, but I guess we should give the people involved some time to sort them out.... Remember, there were many "aviation-experts" who said that Swiss will never be able to get airborne on time, and reality proofed that they were indeed....

Cheers, Thomas

ATL2CDG

Eh?

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:26 am

Perhaps you mean "déjà vu" = "already seen" as opposed to your creation of "deja-vous" meaning roughly "already you."
Ignorantia juris neminem excusat.

teahan

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:28 am

ATL2CGD,

"Deja-vous" means a kind of feeling of having felt something that has already happened before (what happened to Swissair is also happening to Swiss). Yes I am aware that it doesn't mean that in French.

Jeremiah

teahan

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:34 am

Hello,

Afterall, maybe I am totally wrong. I always thought included in English people spelt it "deja-vous", looking through my dictionary, no sign of it. Just bloody brilliant, made the most stupid possible mistake.

Embarrassment

Jeremiah

ZRH

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:37 am

I completely agree with Thomas (MD-11 forever). Give them time to solve all problems. I think the airline already works not bad. One of the biggest problem to solve is the alliance (Oneworld). BTW Does anybody know why the slot problems at LHR are more complicated (LX and BA) than they are e.g. at FRA with LH and OS?
I hate more and more this "boulevard" press with all their stories, only to get more readers. The worst we have in the German speaking part of Switzerland are the "Blick" and the "Sonntagszeitung".

regards
Philipp

teahan

Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:44 am

Hello,

Well the tabloid press is hardly making up the stories about all the money Swiss could end up having to pay Air Lib etc... Even Le Temps (Switzerland's leading financial newspaper) reported that.

Jeremiah