jmc1975

Old Dynair Hangar At PHX To Be Demolished

Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:26 pm

From reliable sources, the old Dynair hangar (most recently leased by AMS) at Phoenix Sky Harbor, which sits adjacent to T4's southwest side is being readied for demolition in the next 30 to 60 days. The facility has been there since the 1970s, and the land will make way for the new S2 concouse at T4. The S2 concourse will be occupied by Southwest Airlines and serve as their third concourse. They will move out of the N4 (international) concousrse, where they currently have 5 gates. The freed up gates at N4 will make way for a major expansion of America West and America West Express, as well as other international carriers.

IMissPiedmont

RE: Old Dynair Hangar At PHX To Be Demolished

Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:33 pm

I remember when that hangar was way out on the edge of the airport. The demise has been in the works for several years though.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

desertjets

Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:34 pm

They are only building one additional concourse and not two??? Though I guess it isn't desirable to have a vacant concourse.

Any news as to when the AARF station next to N1 will be relocated. Everytime I am up there it is pretty clear that it is block the final two gate positions on that concourse.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

jmc1975

RE: DesertJets

Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:03 pm

The new AARF station, which is located just east of the T3 south concourse, is about 70-75 percent complete. Therefore, the old station adjacent to Gates A18 & A20, should be vacated by the fall, and demolition on that will follow shortly thereafter. Once its torn down, they need to do some extensive drainage and ground leveling work before they can begin to use it as an active tarmac.

Beefmoney

Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:32 pm

Well that sucks, I love photographing all of the exotic airliners that came around there for work. Oh well

jmc1975

RE: Beefmoney

Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:09 pm

If you live in the Phoenix area, the entire AMS operation was moved out to the Goodyear Municipal Airport where you can still see airliners from all around the world.

Beefmoney

Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:13 pm

Oh cool, thanks JMC. Yes I live in Glendale, so its still not too far away. Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos