Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DrupyUSE
Topic Author

Question For Non-Revs

Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:12 pm

I have a question for all fellow non-rev flyers; what is your seating priority on your particular carrier? Do you start in first class and then get moved back to business, then coach, etc. etc. Or do you start in coach class and have to purchase an upgrade to move up to first class? Also is it any different for Int'l or ID90 pax?

Thanks,
Drupy

artsyman

RE: Question For Non-Revs

Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:58 pm

At Continental, you have a choice to list in Business First or economy class. This must be done prior to arrival at the gate.

When all revenue passengers are boarded, they will will print out the list of all standby passengers, and they will seat them according to seniority. The seniority is sorted as follows

Must ride positive space employees will be seated first, these are the employees that are actually on company work.

Then employees are seated by seniority and by employee class

SA1 (V or P) These are usually downtown office types, the V stands for Vacation pass, if an employee cashes in a vacation pass, it improves there standing over any other SA1P employee no matter what year of employee

SA2 (V or P) More or less as above

SA3 (V or P) This is for more or less all remaining employee groups (Pilots. FA's, Ramp, Agents etc)

SA4 (V or P) This is for Family members, companion pass riders etc

SA5 This is for retired employees, buddy pass riders and interline travellers (ie: employees from other airlines)

In the case of SA4 and SA5 groups, if they are flying with the employee or family or Companion pass rider, then they travel at the pass class of that person.

The reason that the office workers get the highest seniority is that they work 9-5 and don't get much time to travel, so it helps them out due to their limited freedom, whereas most cabin crew have plenty of days off to travel.

At the gate in order

PS1 sorted by hire date
PS2 sorted by hire date
PS5 sorted by hire date
PSO (I think) sorted by hire date
SA1V sorted by hire date
SA1P sorted by hire date
SA2V sorted by hire date
SA2V sorted by hire date
SA3V sorted by hire date
SA3P sorted by hire date
SA4V sorted by hire date
SA4P sorted by hire date
SA5P sorted by hire date

salvation

RE: Question For Non-Revs

Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:26 pm

Artsyman:

That was very informative information! I travel b/w HNL and GUM a lot and always wondered what that Stand by list was for. You've just answered one of many questions about that list. The loads to GUM are always full. Normally I fly "J" and when I notice that the cabin is empty, I know it's too good to be true, sure enough, "J" begins to fill up with non-revs. But I must say, I don't like the new configuration on the 764 where CO has divided the "J" cabin into half "J" and half "Y". For one, there are less seats in "J" (the 762 has 25, while the 764 has 20 in this configuration), and the new coach section seems like CO was just trying to find places to put the coach seats in. Notice the BIG gap behind the middle coach section (I believe it's row 14)...very sloppy job, but oh well. Thanks again for that informative lesson.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos