skymileman

Favourite Frequent Flyer Program

Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:54 pm

Another survey, just to see what program people find the most rewarding, or just your very favourite. What is your favourite frequent flyer program?

skymileman

RE: Favourite Frequent Flyer Program

Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:56 pm

My favourite Frequent flyer program currently is Delta Skymiles, because I fly delta most often, but I would like southwest RapidRewards the best if they had some partners on which I could earn credits.

skymileman

Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:04 am

Also, If you have a reason for an program being your favourite, please list it.

Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:40 am

Northwest World Perks because of their Elite status program. I can get unlimited free upgrades any where in the 48 U.S. states and Alaska, 3 days in advance, no certificates required.

trickijedi

Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:32 pm

I'm a member of a few of them but my favorite so far is United's Mileage Plus program. That's the bank I've been trying to fill up with miles lately.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

heisan67

Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:10 pm

As a European I would have to say SAS Eurobonus!

Cathay Pacific

Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:18 pm

I am currently a member of Asia Miles and Qantas FFP, I mainly credit my points to QF's a/c cos they dun have any expiry date! :-p

A little off topic here, is there anyone who join different FFP simply for the membership card?
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

sr176

Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:31 pm

As a Swiss, Qualiflyer is my favorite program. It is indeed very easy to get free flights and the customer support is very good.
For my other flights I use:
Miles&more from LH which really covers almost the world. Is is as well easy to get the free flights.
Flying Dutchman which is horible.
Skypass from KE as I am flying them from time to time. Had never the possibilty to use the miles
Bonus Club from Asiana which I will not use much longer as they will be covered by M&M as I suppose.

chepos

Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:34 pm

AA's AAdvantage- because it's the only frequent flyer program in which Im a member.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

swissgabe

Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:08 pm

1. Yeah, my favorite one is Qualiflyer (Swiss, SNBA, etc) and I collected quite a lot of mileage

2. Skywards - SriLankan Airlines / Emirates (CO, SA, BA, etc)

3. LH for Star Alliance

Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

PacificFlyer

Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:36 am

I like THAI's Royal Orchid Plus because I have alot of miles on it since I have been flying THAI for many many years. And Also the United Milage Plus, I've been trying to use that as much as possible when flying within the US or elsewhere.

Sabena332

Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:51 am

Since I have spend most of my Delta SkyMiles I switched to LH Miles & More because as a German I have more chances to earn miles and also because Star Alliance offers the best route network. Anyway, in a few month I can throw away my frequent flyer cards because from December I get ID90 tickets, earning miles impossible but a very low fare.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

SR 103

Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:31 am

I have had quite a few in my lifetime.

Qualiflyer is the best in my mind. Too bad I never use it anymore.
NW World Perks. I am gaining quite a number of miles and am elite with them.
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. Have a ton on this one from OneWorld. Excellent program.
United MP. Nice but not convienent for me anymore.
Air France Fequency Plus. Nice one but don't like the partners too much!
USAirways. New at this one, seems ok, nothing special.

I also have Skyrewards from EK & UL, Miles & More from LH, and Freeway from VS. I have never used these as I charged these flights to other cards.

Oh by the way, each card has over 25,000 miles on it except US which has a mere 8,000 but its something.

scutfarcus

Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:08 am

I think Alaska is the most generous. I flew them for the first time earlier this year: A flight from SFO-SEA, which was around 1400 miles RT. But I managed to earn over 11,000 miles for the trip by taking advantage of various bonus offers (some of them were first time flyer only). If I get an AK credit card, and the right long distance phone company, I can almost have a free trip out of this.

However, I happen to belong to several programs, so it's not worth it for me to go all out. But if you live on the US west coast, I think AK is by far the best program. Don't forget you can use/earm miles on BA, NW and, most American flights!

Lortab 7.5mg

Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:27 pm

United's MileagePlus because that's where I get my free tickets from my brother's 1K account. However, I'm also a member but haven't purchased a ticket in a couple of years.

northwest_guy

Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:04 pm

Northwest Worldperks is my favourite because they have so many US airline partners. Continental, America West, Alaska, Horizon, American Eagle, Big Sky... The list goes on and on.

flyboy36y

Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:31 pm

I like AAdvantage because I cAAn write the logo. Also it is a big program with a good airline. Did I not already post this???

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos