Topic Author

How To Find A Job At The Local Airport?

Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:14 am

Hey everyone,

I have a question and would appreciate some help. I live near Greenville, South Carolina. I am trying to find a job for the summer and thought it would be awesome to work at an airport. I was thinking of working on the ramp since it would give me an opportunity to spot planes as well as work  Smile. Therefore, I was wondering how I could go about finding out if there is any job available. Who could I contact? Should I go to the airport and look around? For those of you who currently work on the ramp at an airport, I would really like to hear how you get your job and any other tips you would like to share. Thank you!

RE: How To Find A Job At The Local Airport?

Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:16 pm

They might well think you'll not do any work, just look at planes all day!!

I'm in the UK, so I can't help you, but the best of luck anyway.

RE: How To Find A Job At The Local Airport?

Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:42 am

It is a little late to try this method this year, but here it is. You need to start well before the summer, but bum around the airport on weekends and find someone who could need a free helping hand doing odds and ends. Get to know the people around the airport and let them see that you are a good worker and you will have a job offer for the summer. This system would probably work best at an airport that has a heavy summer (or winter) season and a slow off season, such as one near a major resort. This worked for me a long while back at East Hampton, NY.