lmml 14/32

AirMalta Fleet Decision Today - Airbus Has Edge!

Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:55 pm

AirMalta (KM) is expected to announce the new fleet decision later today or early tomorrow. Talks with Boeing have been concluded last week while negotiations with Airbus are still going on at this, the eleventh hour ! KM has declared that the decision will not be effected by political pressures (I doubt that) and that Airbus has the edge over Boeing at this stage.

KM has signed a lease agreement for 10-12 short to medium haul aircraft with ILFC last April. First delivery is scheduled for Dec '03 and a further 4 units will be delivered by the Summer '04.

AirMalta has declared that a fleet mix is overruled. The question is whether the fleet will made of the A320 or the B737NG families.

BBADXB

RE: AirMalta Fleet Decision Today - Airbus Has Edge!

Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:46 pm

Hi, there!

Just read it on The Times (of Malta), and boy!... am I happy or what that Air Malta might be going Airbus?!

After your posts (regarding rumours at KM) and the article of last week, I thought that Boeing was the preferred choice... but now it seems the other way round.

I agree with you that political forces do exert some form of pressure.

Rgds.,
BBADXB  Wink/being sarcastic

mjzair

RE: AirMalta Fleet Decision Today - Airbus Has Edge!

Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:16 am

Not a knock on Air Malta, but the choice has about as much chance of not being affected by political reasons as I have of winning the lottery..

Either way, it will be nice to see which way Air Malta decides to go, and hopefully the new livery will be unveiled today.

I hope it is Boeing... I just love the 737's