pmk

Plane Scrap Yards

Tue Sep 28, 1999 7:13 am

This topic came up a little while ago but there were never really any answers. I am going to LAS in November and am interested at looking around at the yard in Kingman. Does anybody know who runs it and if so how to contact them. I also wanted to know if anybody has contact information for Davis-Monthan AFB Tours.

By the way I was looking on the Arizona Spotters page and saw a number of A/C they called J-31, they were Northwest Airlink, what planes are these. The only thing I could think of is a Lear 31 but that dosen't sound like what NWA would have.

Thanks

Peter

Ilyushin96M

RE: Plane Scrap Yards

Tue Sep 28, 1999 7:50 am

The planes you are asking about are BAe Jetstream J31 commuter aircraft. Northwest Airlink used to operate them, and I am assuming they've all been withdrawn. Wish I could comment more on the scrap yards! I've developed an intense curiosity to visit them myself, and will want to get up close to the planes, rather than view them from a distance. Not as much fun that way. And what harm could come from being near a de-commissioned airliner? Best way to find contact info on Kingman or Davis-Monthan would be to run a search on the web. They surely must have a website.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos