flying-b773

Is An Alliance An Important Element For Airlines

Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:34 pm

ok.. yah.. after a while... i think abt US airways.. and i think they are not in any alliance...... and well, they r in such state now.. also, not to forget som airlines tt failed even though they are in alliance...

if an airline has very gd management, is it still impt to hv or be in an alliance? what are the pros and cons of being in 1?

1 pro i know is the sharing of facilities... any more points to enlighten me on tis? thanxs hv a nice day  Smile

flyboy36y

RE: Is An Alliance An Important Element For Airlines

Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:41 am

I usually would not saay this, but your post is unreadable. Please don't write this "shorthand" of yours in the future.

NZ767

Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:46 am

You use text messaging a lot don't you?  Smile

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:00 am

I hate text messaging. Even when I speak with others online I use normal English instead of this 'ur' and 'txt' and 'h8' etc... Most annoying and you can't tell the person's true feelings.

Moving on, the benefits are:

Connections to airlines where you can sell fares on a possibly cheaper way like SQ to Dusseldorf or something from Singapore. An LH fare could be nicer if booked through SIA instead of a non Star Alliance airline.

Sharing of FFP

Sharing of lounges

Cost savings in terms of ground service etc...

Saving passengers money. I think Star saves passengers US$200 million annually thanks to anti-trust immunities and stuff.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.