Republic
Topic Author

KLM/Continental Codeshare

Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:33 am

Interesting tidbit from today's Travel Weekly:
Continental and KLM are making some significant changes to their code-share arrangement. According to notices they submitted to the DOT, as of July 1 KLM will stop putting its code on most if not all of Continental's domestic routes out of its Houston and Newark hubs. As of July 13, KLM will add its code to Continental flights from Houston and Newark to destinations in Mexico. Also as of July 13, Continental will add its code to KLM flights from Amsterdam to Alma-Ata, Kazakstan; Bristol and Cardiff in the U.K.; and Prague.

To those in the know:
Can anyone confirm?

Also, what flights do KL and CO currently codeshare on?

Rgds,
Joe

triley1057

RE: KLM/Continental Codeshare

Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:53 am

Why is KLM going to STOP putting its codes on CO domestic routes?

PW100

Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:18 am

Why is KLM going to STOP putting its codes on CO domestic routes?
Maybe because most of these routes are already available through one of their NW hubs MEM/DTW/MSP?

PW100
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

707guy

Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:33 am

I noticed a few weeks ago at CLE that on almost all of Continental's flights were showing up on the screens in the terminal with "NW" in front of the flight number. I thought that was rather strange since CLE is a CO hub.

Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:54 am

I was wondering why KLM new downloadable timetable didn't have any code-share service with CO.

Is KLM still code-sharing with NW on US domestic route?

KLM now also code-shares with Alaska/Horizon.

AA717driver

Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:02 am

I heard there were several semi-trailers loaded with red paint parked outside CO's MX hanger in IAH. Hmmmm....what could it mean? Big grin TC
FL450, M.85

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:13 pm

I noticed a few weeks ago at CLE that on almost all of Continental's flights were showing up on the screens in the terminal with "NW" in front of the flight number. I thought that was rather strange since CLE is a CO hub.

Why? CO HAS to list the NW codeshare on the boards, because people buy CO tickets under the NW brand name. On the monitors, you'll notice a flight number-say 456 CLE-BWI, and behind the number 456 you'll see it say "NW7456", for example. That's the NW flight number to sell tickets on that flight under the codeshare agreement. conversely, CO in CLE also list NW-operated flights on it's monitors, say for example you'll see listed NW 100 MSP-CLE on the board. Behind the 100, you'll see "CO 7100", which would indicate the CO flight number under the codeshare. And people do come up in CLE with NW flight numbers all the time on their tickets, so those number have to be listed to cause LESS confusion.  Smile

artsyman

Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:18 pm

they submitted to the DOT, as of July 1 KLM will stop putting its code on most if not all of Continental's domestic routes out of its Houston and Newark hubs

The opposite is true, they are addding all these flights to the codeshare agreement. Did you just do a typo ?

Jeremy

Republic
Topic Author

Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:14 am

While it may seem that way, it is not a typo on my part. On the surface, it does not make sense. Travel Weekly is reporting it that way. As to their correctness, who knows?

Rgds,
Joe

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos