f.pier

Tomorrow In The Afternoon, Spotting At Verona Arpt

Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:37 am

A friend and I decided to go spotting at Verona airport tomorrow in the afternoon. If somebody wants to come there we'll be there since about 14.30.

Don't forget a cap (the sun burns) and if you want to contact me, you'll find everything on ICQ at 109518491 number.

Ciao

airblue

RE: Tomorrow In The Afternoon, Spotting At Verona Arpt

Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:35 pm

I would like to be there today, but unfortunately I have to study Sad

Have fun and take a lot of nice pics!! Big thumbs up

f.pier

Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:30 pm

I'll bring my camera. I've already printed the scheduled flights (there are a lot of them this afternoon) and I hope to take some good pic to sent to airliners.net

I hope the place I usually go for spotting is still open.

DaV

Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:49 pm

I wish I read it before! Probabily you are taking picture right now... have a nice afternoon  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
but beware of the sun!

DaV
Two monologues do not make a dialogue

mb339

Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:18 am

hello F.Pier!

Every week i go with my father at Verona Airport, but when there is too hot, i prefer staying at my house.
However i usually went at the left side of the runway 23 (about in the middle of the lenght) but in this place you must not take photos and there is a lot of police.
The terrace is now closed due to safety problems so the only place where now i go is the Airport parking called P2.
The parking is ahead at stand area and the plane are very close to you (20-30 m). In this position you can see all the boarding, refuelling, taxi and take-off operation but unfortunately, you can't see the landings.

i know that tomorrow there will be a lot of charter traffic so i hope you enjoy the show!!

ciao e buona visita

mb339

f.pier

Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:18 am

Thank you guys. It was an enjoyable day. I went close to the gate at the left of the airport but there was the police, so we couldn't go to the gate. I was sad, but we went straight ahead, along the road, we entered a small town, we turned right and we entered a sand road at the border of the runway. It was kool!!!

Then, a couple hours later we went at the beginning of the runway, there's a road and the police didn't tell us anything, so we could see the plane landing and taking off just above our heads!!!

Kool!!!

VivaGunners

Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:44 am

HI,I'm sorry I've seen your message just now,because this afternoon I was there. I use to go in a place not very far from the terminal and close to the runway. You can take good photos , but be careful because there is quite a lot of police. Drive to the terminal and pass it,then turn right for the small village of Calzoni (there is a signal),then turn right again (at that corner there is a little market) and park your car; after a short walk you'll arrive near the fence.

Goodbye.

Any ideas for a signature?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos