f.pier

Tomorrow In The Afternoon, Spotting At Verona Arpt

Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:37 am

A friend and I decided to go spotting at Verona airport tomorrow in the afternoon. If somebody wants to come there we'll be there since about 14.30.

Don't forget a cap (the sun burns) and if you want to contact me, you'll find everything on ICQ at 109518491 number.

Ciao

airblue

RE: Tomorrow In The Afternoon, Spotting At Verona Arpt

Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:35 pm

I would like to be there today, but unfortunately I have to study Sad

Have fun and take a lot of nice pics!! Big thumbs up

f.pier

Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:30 pm

I'll bring my camera. I've already printed the scheduled flights (there are a lot of them this afternoon) and I hope to take some good pic to sent to airliners.net

I hope the place I usually go for spotting is still open.

DaV

Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:49 pm

I wish I read it before! Probabily you are taking picture right now... have a nice afternoon  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
but beware of the sun!

DaV
Two monologues do not make a dialogue

mb339

Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:18 am

hello F.Pier!

Every week i go with my father at Verona Airport, but when there is too hot, i prefer staying at my house.
However i usually went at the left side of the runway 23 (about in the middle of the lenght) but in this place you must not take photos and there is a lot of police.
The terrace is now closed due to safety problems so the only place where now i go is the Airport parking called P2.
The parking is ahead at stand area and the plane are very close to you (20-30 m). In this position you can see all the boarding, refuelling, taxi and take-off operation but unfortunately, you can't see the landings.

i know that tomorrow there will be a lot of charter traffic so i hope you enjoy the show!!

ciao e buona visita

mb339

f.pier

Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:18 am

Thank you guys. It was an enjoyable day. I went close to the gate at the left of the airport but there was the police, so we couldn't go to the gate. I was sad, but we went straight ahead, along the road, we entered a small town, we turned right and we entered a sand road at the border of the runway. It was kool!!!

Then, a couple hours later we went at the beginning of the runway, there's a road and the police didn't tell us anything, so we could see the plane landing and taking off just above our heads!!!

Kool!!!

VivaGunners

Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:44 am

HI,I'm sorry I've seen your message just now,because this afternoon I was there. I use to go in a place not very far from the terminal and close to the runway. You can take good photos , but be careful because there is quite a lot of police. Drive to the terminal and pass it,then turn right for the small village of Calzoni (there is a signal),then turn right again (at that corner there is a little market) and park your car; after a short walk you'll arrive near the fence.

Goodbye.

Any ideas for a signature?