SQ6 Pilot Sued By Victims' Relative

Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:37 am

Taiwan's media today reported that a victim's relative of SQ006 has decided to sue the 3 pilots operated the doomed SQ flight. The reason is: accidental murder.

The victims' relative was not satisfied that the pilots didn't get prosecuted by Taiwan's Government.

hkgspotter1

RE: SQ6 Pilot Sued By Victims' Relative

Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:47 am

Strange how you know who did not post this. Well with his one sided posting that's not a shock !!

As for this news, I think only the pilot in charge at the time should be sued along with the Captain. My view is this is disgusting how they are getting away free after killing 80 + people due to stupidity.

How can anyone fly SQ these day's knowing that this guy could be at the controls ?, Oh sorry its OK unless the weather is bad !!

Mr.BA

Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:54 am

I'm sorry but I have suggested deletion of this post. Well I don't want to see another war between Hkgpostter and everyone! Sorry.
Boeing747 万岁!

'Longreach'

Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:21 pm

While I agree don't want to see another fight, I totally agree with Hkgspotter how can anyone fly them with the chance that he might be flying?

He made a FATAL mistake no matter how many other factors are considered, in the end it's pilot responsibility.

I can't beleive he got off with community service. If i was flying SQ I'd request to know what flights he operates first.

Red Panda

Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:58 pm

That the Taiwan gov't prosecuting the pilots is a criminal case.
That the pax relatives sueing the pilots is a civil case. Probably the relatives are not satisfied with the compensations.
If pax relatives are really sueing the pilots, then they are probably sueing them for their neglience as professionals. Also, the relatives have to sue for something as remedies, for example, $$ compensation. They cannot just sue the pilots if they are NOT UNsatisfied with the compensations.

I would say the captain might have contributory neglience. Which means the captain is only part of the causes contributing to the accident. So the captain should not fully reliable for it.
SQ, as an employer, should be reliable for the pilots' fault as well if there is any.

rgds//r panda

9V-SVE

Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:54 pm

EVERY post about Singapore Airlines turns bad once its touched by hkgspotter1!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos