UK_Dispatcher
Topic Author

Bmi / Eastern Codeshare *NEW ROUTES*

Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:15 am

I heard from a very good source today that Eastern Airways are set to launch 2 new routes in a codeshare deal with bmi british midland.

The new routes will be feeder services into Manchester from Newcastle and Dundee, both using BAe Jetstream 31 equipment.

NCL & DND are new bases for Eastern, although they already serve MAN from Norwich.

David_itl

RE: Bmi / Eastern Codeshare *NEW ROUTES*

Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:41 am

On Thursday night, Ceefax P448 was showing T3 601 from NCL and T3 from INV (or was it the other way round?), which had the word "cancelled" by Friday morning. Obviously, something mustn't have been deleted from the system before the information was relayed.

Have to say that a DND service stands a much better chance of success than a HUY one that was rumoured (my me amongst others), though I believed the INV service was a foregone conclusion. Obviously not!

David

HUYfan

Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:15 am

i dont understand why you think T3 wont get more J41s. SURELY if they are selling 4 J32s, they will need some form of replacement??? personally, and i'm probably VERY wrong, i don't think T3 will code-share with Bmi on routes into manchester. Why would Bmi have a an interest in T3? with the BD bases at LBA and EMA and the T3 base at HUY? they are too close together?? Anyway, we shall see.

regards

mike

UK_Dispatcher
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:20 am

I promise you, this info could not have come from a better source!

Presumably these services will feed onto BD's transatlantic flights on a morning. Also, they are both routes which have existed in the past with Shorts 360 & Saab 340 equipment. Surely a J31 would be an ideal size to operate these routes. Apparently the NCL route looks sure to be a winner....

David_itl

Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:32 am

UK_Dispatcher, does your source work for T3? I've got a contact there - be a small world if it's the same one!

David