Concorde Coming To OMA

Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:14 am

I saw on a commercial that the Concorde will be coming to Omaha, Nebraska! Any info?

Smile/happy/getting dizzy??

RE: Concorde Coming To OMA

Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:38 am

Hey there... I only know that Warren Buffet with his investment company Berkshire Headaway (I hope it's the right name for the company and his private name) has the headquarter in Omaha. I'm from Switzerland and I know a swiss couple in Omaha, which I visited already twice and I know that the man was the chef de cuisine for United Airlines in Omaha and he told me that he Warren Buffet leased once the Concorde for flying this bird on the OMA-London route for selected guests. And my swiss friends (both US citizens too and retired from work) were also on board. Maybe Warren Buffet is doing the same again as he did already some years ago.
greets from Europe

Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:41 am

BA Concorde's arent doing special flights for anyone aprt from Tony Blair, afaik.
So, will it be an AF Concorde?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:17 am

It will be an AF Concorde, arriving Sept. 6th. The last time the Concorde was in Omaha was in 1995 by another local billionaire (the CEO of Godfathers Pizza, I believe).
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home