x Why SN Brussels must go for fleet commonality? The operator of the Airbus 330 is Birdy, that's another company with own pilots. So for SN Brussels there is no need for fleet com.
Do you believe the rumour that SNBA will take over Birdy within 10 months if the contract ends? One of the conditions should be that Birdy has to be profitable...
when i follow your knowledge nobody will fly the Airbus 32F because you say that the B 737 is cheaper... Please. So Iberia, Alitalia, Air France, BA, LH, ... are all stupid ???
No, they certainly are not stupid. What my arguments are that flying a B737 is cheaper for SNBA
than flying the A320-series:
- Sabena always had a Boeing reputation. Because they decided to choose Airbus (for fleet harmonisation with Swisair), they broke with their Boeing reputation. Although Boeing was cheaper (this is my conclusion if I read pg. 94-101 in 'De crash van Sabena'), they chose for Airbus.
- Now, after Sabena and Sabena's Airbus-period, Boeing wants to play an important role again in the Belgian aviation (this was said by an insider in a previous topic here, so I think this is correct).
- Someone said to me that Boeing wants to do everything in order to sell again aircrafts to the Belgian flag carrier. And yes, Airbus will do the same, but now we don't have SR influence in the decision. So maybe Boeing is more likely?
- I read in the tech/ops forum that an Airbus A320 is more expensive to operate than a B737.
- I read too in the tech/ops forum that a B737 is less heavy than an A320, so it is cheaper to land at an airport with a B737 than with an A320
If I put all those pieces together in a puzzle, I think that I have enought arguments to say that a B737 is cheaper to operate for SNBA,than an A32F
I would like to discuss these statements to come to a general conclusion.
So to the discussors, thanks for all your replies, they are much appreciated