AeroGlobeAir7
Topic Author

Cheapest Ticket Prices To Italy From US

Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:14 am

Hey everyone. I've already done a little research in this area, and my findings so far are that Skyteam is BY FAR the cheapest alliance to take to Italy from where I live. (My route would be Kansas City-______-Rome..maybe Milan). I looked at Delta/Air France and they offer a fare just under $2000 with stops in Atlanta and Paris, American & their OneWorld friends offer flights through Chicago for a ludacris $5000 (American and Oneworld are out of hte question here). I was wondering what you guys think would be a cheap way to get to Rome (or Milan) from Kansas City. The reason for this is I may be taking a trip there with my grandmother my senior year in HS, and I wanted to plan now, since I'll need to take care of a car, and save for college. Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!

Andrew
AeroGlobeAir7
BABY BOEINGS ALL THE WAY!!!
FLY DELTA JETS!

srbmod

RE: Cheapest Ticket Prices To Italy From US

Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:58 am

Piddling around on Orbitz, if found some flights MCI-ORD-MXP (AA & Alitalia) @ $1275 per person , some MCI-CVG(or ATL)-FCO (Delta/Alitalia/AF/ Comair) around $1065 (ranges a few $ each way) per person, and MCI-DTW-FCO (NW) for around the same price. Unless you already know the dates you'll be flying, it's tough to pin down the cost, but keep an eye out for fare sales, or maybe even consider flying several different airlines to get you to your destination.

MAH4546

RE: Cheapest Ticket Prices To Italy From US

Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:39 am

Without dates it is really hard to help you out.

Alitalia has fares of $960 on all trans-Atlantics (ORD, MIA, EWR, JFK, and BOS) to MXP for this fall. You would need to find a way to get to those cities first, though.
a.