Spark
Topic Author

Aeroflot In Sfo!

Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:33 am

I know that Aeroflot flying to SFO isn't news, but I had an interesting experience this week while taping airplanes at SFO. I was at Coyote Point, and taping planes as they flew over my head. I didn't think anything of it when the plane flew over my head. I was watching through my viewfinder, and thought it was just a normal Delta 767. It wasn't until I watched my tape that I realized I actually saw my first Aeroflot at SFO (I saw it a few times when I lived in Singapore).
I guess that's why people call Delta's livery "Deltaflot".
Any other airlines with similar liveries, that can be confused?

Ilyushin96M

RE: Aeroflot In Sfo!

Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:57 am

Well, Aeroflot currently has two different liveries adorning its international fleet. The Boeing 767-300ERs have a rather plain livery, much like Aeroflot's original one:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Peter Unmuth - Vienna Aviation Photography

The Boeing 737-400s and Boeing 777-200s Aeroflot uses have an updated livery. This is the one Delta's new livery got its nickname from, specifically the tail design:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter Unmuth - Vienna Aviation Photography
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mark Durbin

Personally, I think it's much more attractive than Delta's boring livery with its all-white fuselage and minimal decoration.

I assume you saw the 767 in its rather dated livery. While plain, Aeroflot's 767 colour scheme is pretty unmistakable. And they DO fly both the 777 and 767 into SFO.