KL808
Topic Author

PAL Returns To Guam

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:47 am

Philippine airlines opend Guam last week as they return there after almost 9 years. The flight is operated by an A320 however if traffic picks up like it did it will be increased to an A330. This route will be heavily battled between Continental Micronesia who has monopoly on this route and PAL who has a LOT of Filipinos living in Guam.

On another note PAL has asked washington to give it some even stand on the open skies that US and Philippines are planning by asking the US Government to allow it to fly domestic routes within the US. This would mean 8th freedom or cabotage. PAL would like to extend the Manila-Guam route to Honolulu and the west coast.
according to PAL officials the Americans want to have full access of the philippines therefore Philippine carriers would like to have the same for the US.

Drew
AMS-LAX-MNL

salvation

RE: PAL Returns To Guam

Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:46 pm

Glad to have PAL back on the island...good to have another carrier flying this CS dominated route. Hopefully they'll do good as a very reliable source from CS informed me that their flights b/w GUM and MNL have been EMPTY. I hope it's not the same w/ PAL.

sq_ek_freak

RE: PAL Returns To Guam

Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:26 pm

PAL used to operate the Guam route with DC 10s didnt they?

Some weeks back I was waiting at the airport for the NW flight and saw the CS flight come in...a Boeing 757, and about 15 people deplaned...
Keep Discovering