flyCMH

Jet Anywair International Airlines

Fri Oct 01, 1999 9:15 am

Well, we got another start-up planning to commence operations in mid-2000. The airline will be called Jet Anywair International Airlines. It is to be based out of Denver International and serve small regional cities in the Plains area of the United States and Canada. I read an article on this new airline today on Yahoo. Does anyone else have anymore info on this airline? Anyone know the type of aircraft they will operate? Thanks.

RE: Jet Anywair International Airlines

Fri Oct 01, 1999 9:23 am

I heard something like that today, too. "Jet Anywair?" God, what a horrendous name.

United946

Pilot1113

Fri Oct 01, 1999 10:00 am

United946, I must admit that you are funny!  

Fri Oct 01, 1999 10:16 am

Okay-

STEAM! STEAM! STEAM! STEAM! Allright, there have been some pretty queer names lately (jetBlue, Crystal Airlines, WinAir, etc.) but I think this is the queerest. This name MIGHT be okay for an international airline, but as said, this is a small connecting airline. VERY STRANGE. Okay, lets see if this ever happens.

Jack

Fri Oct 01, 1999 10:35 am

Well, if they are flying to small cities, I would expect a small jet like the 717/318/736/CRJ/EMB/328J.

I hope they change that name. They sound like a virtual airline(no offense to anyone on this board who owns a virtual airline). The fact is, this is the real world, and the use of a serious name is imperative for good business.

Fri Oct 01, 1999 11:12 am

Lets put our heads together on this one. Do you think a start up airline would buy a brand new plane??????
Westjet, in western Canada started up with a couple 737-200's a few years back, now they make a heafty profit because they know where to spend there money. The will probably use a prop or a small jet such as a Fokker 28.

flyCMH

More Info

Fri Oct 01, 1999 12:21 pm

The airline plans on seriving the following cities from DIA:
Minot, Regina, Saskatoon, Bozeman, and Misssoula.
The airline was founded in August of 1999. This link should provide any additional information:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/990930/nd_jet_any_2.html

(If this link does not work, try going to airlinebiz.com, find Yahoo News, and in the list you should find the news release.)

flyf15

Sun Oct 03, 1999 11:40 am

What aircraft type will they use?

AC183

Mon Oct 04, 1999 4:29 am

This is the first bit I've ever heard about them, but that is aiming for some fairly small markets. Are they affiliated with United at all? It would seem to me to be most logical if they were a United Express operator. Given the markets they want to serve, I would think a CRJ would be about what they'd be looking at, as the name seems to imply they won't fly turboprops. Possibly they would hold some interest in aircraft like F28's, but unless they're independant I just don't see them operating that equipment under the United banner. But I don't think they make a go of it without a United airlines affiliation to basically feed traffic to.