767-300ER
Topic Author

INTERIORS

Sun Nov 01, 1998 12:19 am

WHAT AIRLINE DO YOU THINK HAS THE BEST OVERALL INTERIOR IN THEIR PLANES? I THINK AMERICAN AND CONTINENTAL HAVE THE BEST INTERIORS , WHILE DELTA HAS A HORRIBLE INTERIOR ORANGE AND PURPLE SEATS AND PINK AND RED ON THE L1011 TACKY TACKY. WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS????

alan

RE: INTERIORS

Sun Nov 01, 1998 12:56 am

I have not as yet flown on any american airlines.However, on the international side of things I think that top prize should go to JAL, especially for their new Executive Class "Seasons". The interior cabin walls ans seat colours change with the different seasons.I recently flew on a JAL flight from Japan to the UK, and they recently introduced their autumn (fall) colours (crimson).Winter sees the start of a new cabin colour (royal blue).However I'm sure there are many other interesting interiors.

AA727

Sun Nov 01, 1998 1:31 am

American has nice interiors, the only thing that doens't look good is the brown leather seats in first and business class cabins. They should have put instead gray or blue leather seats, that would have been better.
I've never been on Continental so I cannot say anything about them.
I like Delta's B767-300ER interiors: dark blue and purple seats in coach cabin and leather blue seats in business class (I don't remember what first class was like). Anyway, I really liked Delta's B767-300ER.
Ben

Sid

Sun Nov 01, 1998 2:22 am

Fronter has the most room on ther 737-200's

Sun Nov 01, 1998 5:08 am

The Interiours onboard Lauda Air are terrific (B777), the new interiours of Singapore Airlines are great,colourful in economy and beige/gold/wood in first!
Sabena has Magritte designed seat covers on Long-haul flights, and blue leather seats for all on their new Intra-European planes (Avro,Airbus)

L1011

Sun Nov 01, 1998 5:29 am

The last few Delta L-1011s I flew on had blue and gray interiors in coach. The yellow, orange, and green seats were gone, I'm sorry to say. I liked them.
The nicest current interiors are Alaska Airlines and the brand new US Airways interiors. I recently flew on a US Airways 737-300 and an F100, and although both were in old colors, they had the new interiors.
Hawaiian Airlines has a nice interior, although their old multi-colored interior was the most beautiful I have ever seen anywhere.
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Paul

Sun Nov 01, 1998 5:40 am

Delta Airlines new 737-800, 767-300ER, and their MD-11 interiors are by far the best in the business. Tell me what u think??
Veni, vidi, vici.

Noel

Sun Nov 01, 1998 6:58 am

Delta has great interiors, most of the time. I DO, however, remember flying in a Delta L1011 to San Juan, Puerot Rico from Cincinnati, Ohio, and the interior was a horrible yellow and brown. This plane was old and also rather scary as the ceiling tiles were rattling off on rollout! I have been impressed with every other Delta aircraft, though. The MD-11's I went on were great, and they this big mirror picture on the wall with ingraved stuff that was neat. I was in coach; business class looked like luxury! I didn't even see 1st class, but I'm sure it was REALLY nice! The MD-88's, etc. also have nice blue fabric and leather.

Noel Benford

Bryan

Sun Nov 01, 1998 7:58 am

The airline with the best interiors that I've flown on is probably Qantas. You can really notice the difference between a United or Reno Air Interior and a Qantas Interior. It's not just the colours, but Qantas Aircraft are also usually much cleaner than other airlines.

BryanG

Sun Nov 01, 1998 2:21 pm

I was on a USAirways plane last year that had a new interrior. It was very nice, and spotless.

As I've said before, Southwest's interriors are hideous tan monstrosities. I flew on one today (school trip to Maryland this weekend) and it was no different. Nine times in ten Southwest flights, I have found trash in my seat pocket. I say nine out of ten because on today's flight I sat in the rear-facing row. They don't have seat pockets. Nor to they even have tables! I had to balance the Coke, peanuts, and crackers on my leg, since it would have cost the airline 30 cents over eh life of the aircraft to install a seat with a meal tray. Terrible!

Sun Nov 01, 1998 3:25 pm

I think Northwest has great interiors.
The seats on their DC-9 30s are purple
with stripes. The cabin was spotless.
American and American eagle also have
nice clean interiors.

L1011

Mon Nov 02, 1998 3:00 am

I think the reason for the trash in the seat pockets and the overall dirty appearance of Southwest's interiors is
due to their quick turnaround time. They want to get in and out as soon as possible and don't have time to clean them at every stop. I noticed the same thing with ValuJet and Kiwi. Kiwi was so bad you couldn't see out the windows. It looked like someone had shaken up a Coke and sprayed it on them, and it had hardened. I couldn't even get it off with a wet napkin.
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B