LMP737
Topic Author

AE SNA-SFO Route

Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:44 am

American Eagle starts flying from SNA-SFO. Starting off there will be four flights a day, in addition there will be one from SNA-LAX. A short hop for sure.

The AE SNA-SFO route actually replaces the AA SNA-SFO route. The loads on those flight were very light. They were lucky to get 30-40 people on those flights. Kind of hard to make money with those few people on a MD-80 or 737-800.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

ILUV767

RE: AE SNA-SFO Route

Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:01 am

LMP737 wrote:
The AE SNA-SFO route actually replaces the AA SNA-SFO route. The loads on those flight were very light. They were lucky to get 30-40 people on those flights. Kind of hard to make money with those few people on a MD-80 or 737-800.

While the loads may be light, for United Airlines the Orange County-San Francisco route is one of the more high yielding routes in the United system carrying many full fare international first/biz connection passengers up to SFO for international connections. This is why you see United running 757s as the primary plane on this route.

I wonder how many of AA's FF's are going to jump ship to UA because as a general rule of thumb, FF pax hate regional jets. I'm sure UA will be nice and willing to comp status in return for business.

I L U V 7 6 7

LMP737
Topic Author

RE: AE SNA-SFO Route

Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:50 am

They probably wont lose that many FF, if any at all. Most AA passengers flying to the bay area fly into San Jose. SFO gets fogged in a lot, so a lot of AA FF fly into SJC instead. Last week flights in and out of SFO were delayed because of fog.

Passengers hate regional jets? That's a new one on me. I know most passengers prefer RJ's over turbo props. Sure, a 737 is more comfortable than an RJ. However, on short trips it's not as big of a factor. Also the fares on RJ flights are cheaper.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos