SJCguy
Topic Author

Asked To Leave By Police At LAX Today...

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:12 am

Went down to LAX w/ a buddy today to watch the planes come into rwy. 24L/R, and was asked after about a half hour to leave by a police officer. We were in the parking lot by the limos, right under the approach by the fence. We showed our airline ID badges and he said no problem, and let us stay. They're really cracking down out there...

For anybody who wants to spot by LAX, the best place besides the one I was at today is the grassy knoll by In-n-Out Burger...it's incredible, and you wont be asked to leave by any cops.  Smile

Happy Spotting...SJCguy

E_Cantu

RE: Asked To Leave By Police At LAX Today...

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:19 am

Yes. we're going to sit and wait with a Stinger missile...

That was my favourite spot too...

Actually, I think security was pretty tight in that area anyway - our solution was - act like you own the place and belong there. No one bothered us...great plane spotting before I had to fly back home...we were there for half an hour or so and then went to send me off...to La-La land (MN)...

-E
*belch*

EGFF

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:38 am

It's really weird, we have none of these problems in the Uk .... whether its due to Sept 11 happening in the U.S, maybe they are alittle more protective over there, i dunno ... it's really annoying that you spotters are being hindered due to your hobby
EGFF  Sad
All together or not at all

hawaiian717

Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:48 pm

Actually I've heard the limo lot is one of the more trouble-prone areas at LAX... apparently it's right near a police station.

David / HNL

crazyboi

Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:09 pm

Anyone know whether the observation deck atop the theme building is open? How is the view?
This is the time. And this is the record of the time.

Dazed767

Ditto

Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:18 pm

I was asked to leave the DAL cargo parking lot at MCO today. Part of the parking lot was blocked off (they didn't do a good job), I parked under a tree and spotted for about 20 mins before someone walked over and said because of the holiday I couldn't park there, they didn't want anyone near the fence. OK...the fence is like 50 feet away, and there is a small canal I would have to go through too. He said it would be taken down after the weekend. Which is stupid. So after the 4th I can jump the fence??

The LAX limo lot, we got hasseled big time last year. The cop stuck his hand over my friends lens when he tried to take a photo.

Rai

Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:12 am

I've had the same problems at JFK, especially after 9/11. You can't go on top of the T1 or T4 parking lots anymore. Yesterday, was just hanging out on the T4 ramp watching the planes and this undercover PA cop kept eyeing me. Maybe it's just for the holidays though...

jabpilot

Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:43 am

Parking and spotting on Lincoln Blvd., adjacent to Rwy.24R, will also get you kicked out by LAPD or Airport Police in less than 10 minutes. I don't even attempt to go the cargo road off Airport @ Rwy.25R anymore. It's just as hard to watch planes at BUR anymore, just no fun!

Jeff

EGFF

Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:55 am

Justin :-

'He said it would be taken down after the weekend. Which is stupid. So after the 4th I can jump the fence??'

When i read that i started to giggle to myself, found that quite amusing  Laugh out loud
EGFF
All together or not at all

aio86

Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:07 pm

Maybe the extra security today had something to do with the shooting at Tom Bradley, or were you there before then. I can never tell when something has been written here since it's based on Swedish time or something. No offence to the Sweedish of course.

-aio86

fritzi

Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:55 pm

Aio86,
All the times on a.net are CET (GMT +1)