airplanetire

Any Airline You Can Circle Globe On?

Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:46 pm

I was thinking if there were any airlines out there that you can circle the entire earth on, using ONLY that airline, no codeshares. It doesn't have to be all one flight. The closest I could come was with SQ. You could go from SIN to the US west coast, and from the US east coast back to SIN via Europe, but there is that gap from the US west coast to the US east coast. I know that UA had their round-the-world flight, but not anymore. You can also get pretty close on NW going from the US to India via Europe, and you could go from SE Asia to the US, but there is again a gap (India to SE Asia). Can you think of any carrier that you can circle the entire earth on?

LOT767-300ER

RE: Any Airline You Can Circle Globe On?

Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:09 pm

"The closest I could come was with SQ. You could go from SIN to the US west coast, and from the US east coast back to SIN via Europe,"

Errrr Midwest. SIA Flies to ORD mate via AMS.

SIA Cargo lol. Around the world.

Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:38 pm

He is refuring to the lack of connections from the west to the east. There is not SQ flight that heads to europe from the west, as you said ORD is the furthest. Maybe if SQ could fly as Quantas flies from LAX-JFK.

JFK742

Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:29 pm

wasn't too long ago that you could circle the globe on UA...from the US to Europe.and then to Delhi, Hong Kong, and back to the US. Wouldn't that be great if NW started service from BOM to BKK or NRT?

I assume with the original Pan Am one could circle the globe in many different ways..

NiteRider30

Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:46 pm

Northwest/KLM would be the way I would go. This would work from either Detroit or Minneapolis... MSP/DTW to AMS to NRT to MSP/DTW. The AMS-NRT sector would be flown on a KLM 747... that's about as close as I can come...  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

-Mike

VirginFlyer

Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:32 pm

Well, if you believe United Airline, you will soon be able to fly AKL-LAX-LHR-HKG-AKL on Air New Zealand... Perhaps I shouldn't raise this, it will spark another week of "Will Air NZ buy 747-400XQLR for HKG-LHR Service" type posts.  Insane

Oh well, too late... Acting devilish

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

jwenting

Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:45 pm

With KLM alone you could go from Japan via Amsterdam to San Francisco or Los Angeles.
You'd then only need NWA to get you from California back to Japan.

I wish I were flying