Power
Topic Author

Coporate Shuttle Flights

Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:46 pm

Doe anybody know about corporate shuttle flights like the Daimler Chrysler DTW-STR flight? It would be interesting to see where and how these operate.
I used to fly on a LAT charter TU134 between VIE-PRN operated by the OSCE. I have also heard Chevron operate between Atyrau and Budapest.

Power

Power
Topic Author

RE: Coporate Shuttle Flights

Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:48 pm

It is meant to read Corporate not Coporate SORRY!!

b764

Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:12 pm

DaimlerChrysler's Shuttle is called the "Transatlantic Star". It's an A319CJ with extra fuel tanks to make the STR-PTK trip. It's registered D-ADNA (S/N 1053). The aircraft is based in Stuttgart, Germany. It makes 4 roundtrips weekly. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Sunday. It arrives @ PTK between 12:45pm-1:30pm with departure back to Germany around 3:30pm. It uses the callsign "Twinstar" and the flight numbers are DCS100 (STR-PTK) & DSC101 (PTK-STR). In addition to their weekly flights to Pontiac/Detroit, D-ADNA shuttles execs between STR-VIT Vitoria, Spain. I believe this is done 2-3 times per week.

Here is a pic of this wonderful aircraft:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/224562/S/

airsicknessbag

Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:32 pm

Nothing spectacular, but since it operates out of my home airport, I find it worth mentioning:

Cirrus Aviation (a subsidiary of Team Lufthansa member Cirrus Airlines) operates a Mannheim Kiel service for Heideldruck or Heidelzement, don´t remember. The a/c is an 8 seater King Air, and since a short time, the flight is open to book for everyone. I guess the economic downturn affected the corporation´s travel needs, so why not sell the open seats on the free market.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alexander Schwarz

Daniel Smile

David_itl

Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:40 pm

ICI Chemicals used to have an up to 5 times daily MAN-MME service using Air Kilroe Be200s, which later upgraded to J31s. That service was then converted into a normal scheduled service and was withdrawn in the mid-1990s.

David

vfw614

Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:26 pm

OLT operates a weekday shuttle for EADS/Airbus between Bremen and Toulouse with a Dornier 328-110.

WDL operates a weekday shuttle for EADS/Airbus between Hamburg and Toulouse with a BAe 146.

Similar flight used to be operated by JEA/British European with a BAe 146-100 between Filton and Toulouse.

BAe Systems operates a number of corporate shuttles with their BAe 146, ATP and HS125, one of them used to be between Warton and Munich. Another was between Farnborough and Woodford, if I am not mistaken.

CSA operates a corporate shuttle for Volkswagen/Skoda from Prague to Braunschweig with an ATR42.

broke

Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:26 pm

I worked at the Dayton Airport (Actually in Vandalia, Ohio) near the general aviation terminal for about 5 months in 1998, at that time General Motors had SAAB 2000 that arrived in the morning and late afternoon on a corporate shuttle operation. I didn't know the routing and schedule, I would think in the wake of 9/11 that might be considered sensitive information.

LJ

Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:14 pm

Does anyone know if the Ford shuttle between London Stansted, Maastricht and Cologne still runs? They used to use their MD-87 and later their BBJ on this route.

Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:48 am

Here at SJC (San Jose, CA) Intel Corp operates ERJ135's on regularly scheduled flights (5 days a week to Sacramento (Mather - MHR), Hilsboro OR, and Williams AZ.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Silagi

Intel also operates 2 B1900C's during peak times between SJC and MHR.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Silagi

Also at SJC, Hewlett Parckard operates a DHC6 on regular scheduled flights to Lincoln CA near Sacramento.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Silagi

Also for a few years Novell operated this F28 a couple of times a day between SJC and Provo UT.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Silagi

Richard Silagi

thomacf

Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:14 am

The Limited Corp. flies a CRJ daily between CMH and LGA.

I know Xerox used to have a shuttle run between Rochester and White Plains. Not sure if they still do now.

b764

Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:29 am

Ford Motor Company has 2 Fokker 70s (N322K & N324K) they use for shuttle routes. I know they fly to CLE, LUK, SDF, STL. When fly out west the routing is: DTW-HII-SNA-DTW.

Ford Europe now has 2 BBJs (VP-BFE & VP-BFO) they are used for daily flights from EGSS-EDDK & EGSS-LEVC. 120 passengers in business class configurations.

Power
Topic Author

RE: Corporate Shuttle Flights

Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:09 am

What airports are EGSS EDDK is LEVC Leverkusen in Germany?
interesting that they have it configured in Business class

Does anybody know of any intercontinental flights such as the Daimler Chrysler one?

brons2

Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:56 am

120 pax on a BBJ is not really enough pitch to be considered "business class", it's more like MRTC...maybe 34-38 pitch...this plane is the same size as a 73G.

Which begs the question, how many seats on a WN 73G with their new seating arrangement on the 73G, which has all forward facing seats at 34" pitch (I'm pretty sure).
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

b764

Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:31 am

EGSS = Stansted, UK
EDDK = Cologne, Germany
LEVC = Valencia, Spain

vfw614

Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:09 pm

Another one that comes to my mind is a Golden Air shuttle from Gothenburg Save to Cologne on a Saab 340. Cannot remember for which company that is.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jussi Kettunen

And there are still government shuttle between Bonn (Cologne) and Berin for federal employees. Flights are operated by Germania 737-700, but some seats are now also sold to the travelling public.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Florian Kondziela

When BMW still owned Rover, there used to be a shuttle between Munich and Birmingham, operated by WDL and Gill Airways. This ceased after BMW sold rover again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos