Interview cheat sheets

Wed Dec 16, 1998 1:27 pm

I have most Uk carriers interview cheat sheets from the BA pilot training scholarship to the Air Atlantique interview cheat sheet. Does any one have tany US airline Interview cheat sheet? Can you send them too me.
Thanks.
Iain

RE: Interview cheat sheets

Wed Dec 16, 1998 8:07 pm

Iain, how old are you actually ? When do you expect to really start applying for pilot jobs in the UK ? These sheets are quite good because if anything they make you think about what to expect and perhaps give you some confidence as well. Good luck !

Wed Dec 16, 1998 8:24 pm

Iain, the so called "cheat sheets" are just that.
The only one who gets cheated is the person trying to use them to get through an interview. I agree that they give you "some" idea of what to expect but regulations and procedures are changing all the time.
For an interview, there is no substitute for being yourself, and speaking truthfully. In the interview, you're not being tested on your flying skills. In the interview they are looking at flight experience, personality, intelligence, how you react to certain questions and so on. The cheat sheets are more for what to expect in the sim. and some basic maneuvers to perform to show your general knowledge of flying turbine aircraft. For instance, if you get any type of warning or caution light prior to the calling of V1,
close the throttles and call abort. Those are what the cheat sheets are filled with. In the interview, be yourself, be conservative and be truthful.
Oh, always wear a dark blue suit. LOL
This seems to work great. lol
The airlines hate individuals. They like persons who conform to the norm and dont stand out. lol

Thu Dec 17, 1998 3:03 am

Cool Cat IIIc I am 16 and will be apllying to BA at age 18!
Aviator ua
I undertsand were you are coming from but it is more the qustoins like If you engine died at V1 what would you do. And other hints like that. I also had no idea what to expect when I went to the interview so now I do which I am sure will help!
Iain

Thu Dec 17, 1998 3:15 am

At 18 Iain they are not going to expect you to know how to fly turbine aircraft.
You will be applying for flight training.
This is the interview.
You will have plenty of training to learn turbine procedures.
Your interview will be to evaluate you as a person, your grades and if they think your pilot material.
Good luck buddy. Dont sweat the aborts just yet. : )
Always remember, if ANYTHING happens prior to the calling of V1,
close the throttles and call abort.

Thu Dec 17, 1998 8:10 am

Actaully they hire pilots aswell as training at age 18. I will not have my frozen ATPL till 21 and only have my commercail but they need pilots in the UK say they are hiring lots of people. I don't know all the details on get ratings or what ever but it is not the same as pilot training. I will have everything I can get at that age that I can have so what is there to train apeat from turbine and throw more hours at me.
Iain

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos