DCA-ROCguy
Topic Author

BWI And CLE, Various Questions & Observations

Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:18 am

Dear Gang,

This weekend, my travels took me to BWI and CLE. I have some questions and observations about both.

What are the gate assignments for AA and FL these days at BWI? I noticed AA 757's at D2 and D4; just a few weeks ago AirTran was using those gates. All AA used to have in that concourse was TWA's old D3. Second, I noticed an American Eagle Saab at D45 in the commuter wing; isn't that awfully far from regular AA gates? Third, I noticed a row of AirTran planes parked at the east wing of D, on the side facing the int'l terminal. I thought US still was using that area. Fourth, UA and YX are still at A concourse; when are they moving to D?

Regarding CLE: I got a good look at the runway construction from the air. The northern 4000' or so of the new runway are mostly built, but ends abruptly just short of Abrams Creek. The ravine has not yet been filled in, and the land needed for the southern 5000' of the new strip does not seem to have been prepared in any way. What's the story with that?

Also, I noticed that the four finger-corridors on the east side of D concourse, used by CO Express for turboprops, are still there. Aren't those being torn off to make more ERJ parking positions with jetways? Any update on that?

What's up with the boarded-up windows on the administrative office block at the foot of the CLE control tower? They look like h-e-hockey sticks.

Saw CO 739's at both airports. Very cool.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos