Topic Author

In-flight Service On Skyway Airlines

Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:08 pm

I know that Skyway imitates their inflight service after their parent company. Do they actually serve meals like Midwest Express on their little Dornier 328jet. Also is Skyway going to recieve any more 328's. Also what routes does Skyway fly with their RJ's?

RE: In-flight Service On Skyway Airlines

Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:13 pm

Depends on the route. Dorkjets are on some former -9 routes--GRR, RDU. Probably cookies and champagne.

On MKE-IND, champagne and a german candy bar. That's the only "long" dorkjet route I've been on. I flew MKE-GRB and got nothing (30min).

BE1900 service from MKE to CWA...whatever is in your bag nasty.

Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:19 pm

Aren't they getting Embraer 140 jets as a replacement for the Dornier 328 jets? I'm pretty sure that they have ordered the Embraer jets...

by the way how is it working as a Flight Attendant for a regional airline? A lot of fun? The good thing here in Europe is that you can fly on European and longhaul routes when you are working as a Flight Attendant. Maybe I will soon working for Swiss... maybe not..

Mike, Switzerland

Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:48 pm

Last year I flew Skyway FRJ on DCA-GRR-MKE. On GRR-MKE, nothing but there was water if requested. On DCA-GRR, there was a meal in a plastic box consisting of a piece of chicken covered in salsa, a small side salad, and some cheese and crackers. It was a cold meal. Afterwards, hot chocolate chip cookies were served.

Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:57 am

I would be happy with anything as long as they don't serve turkey in pitas! When Skyway first introduced the 328 all they served was that nasty pita. Every day there would be trays of that gross stuff in the ramp room. Did you ever have the chance to eat one of these things TT737FO???

Chris  Smile Smile
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo