Tango-Bravo
Topic Author

Braathens Europe Routes?

Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:57 am

Since I was curious about the status of Braathens subsequent to their acquisition by SAS, I checked out their website, which states that the two airlines continue to operate independently although their schedules have been coordinated to eliminate overlapping or "wingtip to wingtip" flights. The BU site gives a concise summary of which city pairs within Norway are flown by which airline, or, on routes served by both BU and SK, the number of frequencies operated by each.

My question that was not anwered is... Does Braathens continue to fly scheduled services from Norway to cities on the European continent and/or the U.K.? If so, what routes do they fly? Thanks for your help.
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Marlo Plate

FBU 4EVER!

RE: Braathens Europe Routes?

Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:26 pm

I believe they still fly Oslo-London Gatwick v.v,Oslo-Alicante v.v. and Oslo-Malaga v.v.
"Luck and superstition wins all the time"!

mighluss

Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:03 pm

We see them in Barcelona too.
Miquel.

717fan

Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:09 pm

Perhaps they should start services on the OSL-ZRH route. There is no competition, since SAS has cancelled it, leaving only Swiss operating this route. Before 9/11 SAS planned to start again 2 daily flights from Oslo to Zurich, but this was cancelled.

gkirk

Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:43 pm

They used to operate NCL-OSL, and NCL-SVG using the 737-500.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Britair

Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:07 pm

Braathens operates one daily Bergen-London Gatwick flight and a six a week service Stavanger-Aberdeen. Both are operated with 737-500 aircraft.

I was lucky enough to fly on them LGW-BGO earlier this year and had a great flight. Their Business Class is very nice. They are a great little airline, it's a shame they have been brought under the SAS umbrella. They did operate Oslo-Gatwick but this was discontinued at the oder of SAS to avoid overlap. They also used to fly Stavanger-Newcastle before giving the route to Norwegian Air Shuttle.

Cheers  Smile