ATA757
Topic Author

What's Your Favorite Airline? Why?

Fri Oct 08, 1999 11:38 am

Just out of curiosity, I just wanted to see what the most popular airline was according to the response to this question.

ATA757
Pendleton, IN

kaitak

RE: What's Your Favorite Airline? Why?

Sat Oct 09, 1999 5:01 am

CATHAY PACIFIC

Wonderful cabin crew, flight crew, aircraft, service, home base, plus, well . . . everything. They really are the best - and decent with the old jump seat as well.
(Of course, from my pseudonym, you might well accuse me of being a little biased, but it's still an airline I'd willingly go out of my way to fly with.)

Sat Oct 09, 1999 12:49 pm

I totallyagree with Kaitak,my favourite airline is also:

CATHAY PACIFIC

Why? It has the best service with innovative products. Check out their new First Class and you will known why!

I flew their new First Class recently from LHR to HKG on aircraft regsitration B-HOS and the service was excellent. I am also a Diamond member of their Marco Polo Club.

LH423

Sat Oct 09, 1999 1:52 pm

Sorry, I have to break off the Cathay Pacific train, as I have never flown them. I fly frequently to London, and generally fly British Airways for convenience, as well as good service, but once I did fly Lufthansa, and it was excellent, enough to prompt me to say that they are my favourite airline. I'd like to fly KLM, because I hear they are very good, but in order to fly KLM for an hour on the AMS-LHR route, I'd have to fly Northwest for over 7 hours, and to me that just ain't worth it. I think that the Lufthansa crew was very professional, plus the showed the moving-map-display the entire flight, except during the movie and a news presentation. Terminal 1 in Frankfurt is recently been re-done, yet already smells like cigarette smoke. The clean cut LH operation is consolidated all to Terminal 1, as well as all Star® partners. Obviously I speak English, but I also speak German, but the only time that was needed, was when I went to the observation deck, and Herpa shop. The guy there didn't speak English. BTW, if you are at FRA, the last time I was there the observation deck was DM5 (around US$2.50) and worth it. You can see the whole field, just make sure it's a nice day, or be prepared to weather the elements. The day I was there the café was closed so we had to stand outside in driving rain, but it was definitely worth it. I've kind of got off track, all I meant to say was, Deutsch Lufthansa is my favourite airline.

LH423 (LH423 is a daily 747 from Boston-Frankfurt)
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sun Oct 10, 1999 8:29 am

I admit that I have relatively few experiences to compare them to, but American is my favorite airline. I have also flown WN, UA, PSA, and Great Lakes. I fly roughly 80,000 miles a year with American, and I have not yet had any problems with their service, their quality, or their people. I have flown Premium, First, Business, and in the Main Cabin, and the experiences are consistently good. Also, I like AA as a company... they are actively involved in the community and, despite recent labor woes, I believe that Don Carty recognizes the importance of his employees and wants to get along with them. I will venture to say that I do not doubt that there are better airlines around - Midwest Express I'm sure is one of them - but for what American does (catering to a clientele that includes not only business executives and celebrities, but also the average Joe whose biggest concern in choosing an airline is the fare), they do very well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos