flynavy

Aeromexico's 6420 (MEX-SFB)

Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:23 am

I was looking through a flight-tracker tonight and found Aeromexico 6420. It seems that Aeromexico serves both SFB and MCO. Was 6420 a charter or scheduled service? Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Later,
Chris in Orlando

Airline: Aeromexico
Flight Number: 6420
Departure City (Airport): Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
Departure Time: 07/27/2002 01:46 PM
Arrival City (Airport): Orlando, FL (SFB)
Arrival Time: 07/27/2002 06:36 PM
Remaining Flight Time: 00:00
Aircraft Type: MD88
Current Altitude: 0 feet
Current Groundspeed: 0 mph
Flight Status: Arrived

P.S. Other odd arrivals at SFB today included JMC's 630, which operated with a DC10-30 from Minneapolis, MN (MSP).
Change is: one airline, six continents!

RE: Aeromexico's 6420 (MEX-SFB)

Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:40 am

It was a charter flight. AeroMexico does not have scheduled service to SFB and flights in that number range are charters.

DC10Tony

Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:15 am

Flynavy-

That DC-10-30 was Omni Air International. On Friday, we were pushing a JMC A330-200 on the taxiway, he started #1 and we heard a "pop", he couldn't start the engine and the plane is still at the airport right now awaiting maintenence.

That Omni DC-10 took all the people stranded from the broken down JMC back to England, it's ALL economy inside, 380 seats. There's a JMC 757-200 coming in later tonight with techs to try and fix the RR on the A330. I also heard they're bringing a brand new engine, but I don't see how that's possible on a 757. There's also a Comet Air A310 coming in tonight as well, being operated by JMC. The JMC 757 is staying overnight and leaving at 11:00 AM tomorrow and I'll assume the JMC A330 will leave with it, if its engine is fixed.

The AeroMexico flight is a charter flight for some telephone sales group.

flynavy

Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:29 am

So, then, is it generally accepted that Aeromexico operates its scheduled services into MCO, and their charter services into SFB? Aeromexico is listed on the airline list traffic signs at SFB.

Later,
Chris in Orlando
Change is: one airline, six continents!

DC10Tony

Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:26 pm

Yeah, what you said sounds about right. I don't know what AMX does at MCO, but every Saturday afternoon for the past 3 weeks, an MD-80 comes in.

About those signs at SFB with all the airline names on them:

I wouldn't pay much attention to those. ATA is still on there, which no longer comes to SFB, Aeropostal is on there too, and I haven't seen them since summer of '01. Even then, they had around 2 flights per week.

The Sanford Airport kind of "stretches" its traffic, if you know what I mean.

A few months ago, there was an article on their website: "Swiss carrier inaugurates service at Orlando-Sanford International"

From the way they made it sound, it was something significant. but it's just an Edelweiss A332 making a tech-stop every Saturday at SFB coming from ZRH going to CUN.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos