Alitalia777
Topic Author

What Is The Fastest FF Program To Earn Miles?

Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:27 am

Hello,
From your experiences, what is the fastest frequent flyer program to earn miles. Also, specifically between the two, is AAdvantage, or United Mileage Plus faster [in terms of partners (any kind), and incentives], or any Star or One World carrier (I'm from the US). Thanks, and looking foward to your responses.

Alitalia777

swissgabe

RE: What Is The Fastest FF Program To Earn Miles?

Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:31 am

I would say depends on the airline you would like to use and how many times you fly with them. If you fly lets say ORD-JFK with UA or AA, you normaly get the same amout of mileage, isn't it?

Well, my self I prefer Qualiflyer but it always depends on the airlines you want to fly etc. You have to know the answer  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

ual777contrail

Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:32 am

it all depends if you fly alot,star has more members and UNITED has more code sharing with bigger airlines,delta and probably us airways.
unless someone has other info i would say it is easier on united mileage plus.

just an opinion.

ual 777 contrail

Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:33 am

It's easier to get status on American via a challenge if you are going to be flying them a lot in a short period.

5000 q-points in 90 days for Gold
10000 q-points in 90 days for Platinum

Braniff727

Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:09 am

In terms of earning miles besides just flying a lot, Northwest WorldPerks has won awards by being among the easiest programs to earn miles.

As I said in an earlier post, I have had my account since April/2000. I have only flown 8,000 miles. I don't have the credit card, so I don't earn miles that way, but my total mileage balance is 43,000. NW offers bonus miles for practically anything. I've gotten them for using online check in, the E-Service Center at the airport, Connecting in MEM, renting cars, staying at hotels, eating out, grocery shopping.

Aside from all of the bonus miles, they offer miles on several different airlines as well.

NW gets my vote, but I am biased as well.
Climbing