Mexicana Or Aeromexico

Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:01 am

I am planning a trip to cancun and trying to decide which airline to fly. Can anyone please provide me with any info and personal preference.

RE: Mexicana Or Aeromexico

Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:32 am

I've never flown Aeromexico but I've flown Mexicana many times from LAX to Cabo and found the service very good and friendly (the food was ok, too..don't know if they're still serving meals or not, tho, or gone the way of alot of American carriers) ...probably dosen't make much difference which airline you fly, Aeromexico or Mexicana, since both airlines are owned by the Mexican government controlled holding company Cintra....

Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:50 am

You won´t find much difference, but Mexicana got the
best in-flight service, also all their staff is very friendly to you!

ghost77  Smile
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:58 am

I flew MTY-CUN with a stop in MEX last year on Mexicana, MTY-MEX was a F100, but flight MEX-CUN was on a A320, It was delayed 4 hours because mechanical problems, and they didn't do anything, but keep us walking during 3 hours telling us different gates, (ie. from 9 to 13, from 13 to 3, etc.) they didn't let us take another flight (AM or MX) nor being stand-by passengers, and they even didn't gave us a coke. I was kinda disappointed of their service which is usually good. Return flights were awesome, CUN-MEX on a 757, best flight and service I ever got, and MEX-MTY on a F100, a good flight.

Both are good, AM is more like for business people, and MX for tourists.

Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:09 pm

Mexicana has good service. Every time i have flown with them they have provided very very good service. The Flight Attendants are very friendly.  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up

I haven't flown on AM but i assume their service is good.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jorge Rocafort

Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:11 pm

I've flown Mexicana, I was a year old when I flew them so I dont remember details on the the flight but my parents say they are a very good airline. So between Mexicana and Aeromexico I say go with Mexicana
Fly the Flag!!!!